First song! want reviews! :)

wljmrbill

Your piece "Sun Life" is very well done. If this is your first..WOW you will be great as you pregress with your composition skills.Music does Remind me of another great -"Yanni", Keep up the good work..you should go far......Very enjoyable music....

marval

Hi mariokbee,

I have only just listened to "Sun Life", what a beautiful piece of music. I found it very moving, I look forward to hearing some more from you.

Well done, keep on composing.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Nicely done for your first composition :up:.

Got a little tiring in the one key signature for so long, at least for my tastes. The key change later on was a nice touch, though.

mariokbee

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.

I am constantly trying to improve and it's easier with your guidance since I'm self taught and have holes in my music knowledge. Anything else? :)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Well, for being self-taught, you have done quite well so far.

I've known some people in the past that after spending many years in college have failed miserably in trying to be as creative as your example above is.

I firmly believe that music comes from the heart and one soul.

mariokbee

Well, for being self-taught, you have done quite well so far.

I've known some people in the past that after spending many years in college have failed miserably in trying to be as creative as your example above is.

I firmly believe that music comes from the heart and one soul.

I couldn't agree more about the fact that college greatly reduces one's creativity but let's not generalize.

Music does come from the heart and soul. Reasoning in music is useful but it blurs the divine.

The charm is in the balance they say and I'm striving towards it.

Scytheus

It was a journey, with a very real flow. I may not be versed in technical jargon but what I felt from this really hit home, and I experienced several very different emotions when I heard Sun Life. Also I enjoyed the thoughtfully chosen imagery you accompanied this with. Kudos

Strunch

Very well composed, the instruments seem to clutter and stumble a bit at times, but that's the price you pay for partly acoustic music I guess.. Overall, then I'm very impressed with your composition in itself, keep it up for sure :)

uno_musicjunkie

I love how instrumental music tells a story. For your composition, what I can visualize from what the sound suggests is a love story -- romance, ups and owns, chase, intimacy. Good job. Keep exploring :)

Read insightful and entertaining articles plus free music reviews for music fans, by music fans. Visit the site for all music junkies.

Last edited by a moderator:

rino29sounds

I heard some old school touch on the drums. Nice piano & violin !! And I like how the song's parts moved me up & down :)

Verryyy nice !!

mariokbee

Thank you all for taking the time to listen. :)

I'm really glad the song made impact enough for you to comment and I'm happy that it made an impression I was hoping to achieve.

And also, I know that the sound quality isn't much but that too is a journey and I'm learning as I move along.

Daddy's Juice

First composition - wow. Keep going...very well put together. Not normally my choice of music to listen to, but so well done. Great production as well.:)

james12

Hello Dear,
Very Sweet Composition, I am waiting for your Next
Best Of Luck ............

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

franksspace

Lovely progression in the tune. Very mature in that. I would never had seen
this as someones first instrumental piece. You must hide some talent - ready
to unfold. Please do get some better drum samples next time though.
Then you also do not have to hide them, as much as you do!.
And work on the overall sound if possible. A more organic feel is appreciated.

Its excellent for what it is . and the youtube views talk for you as well.
Keep it up!:)! - looking forward to hear more.
Thanks for the share!
franks,
franksspace

franksspace atmospheres

Yonglian

Very good composition indeed. I especially like the way that the theme changes at around 0:58 - 1:02.