Hello from the Rocky Mountains of BC

Albert

I live in the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountains, about 30 miles North of Montana and 10 miles West of Alberta.

I still do a little work on line from time to time, but my time is mostly my own. I benefit from all the senior discounts. My wife, Claire, and I still have most of our health, aside from normal wear and tear.

The small town in which I live, Sparwood, is a mining town. The only other organ I know of within 100 miles with 32 pedals is in the LDS Stake about two blocks away. I describe the music in the area as "Classical music is Johnny Cash."

Any organists or would-be organists or photographers or hikers or just plain tourists passing through are welcome to contact us. We love visitors. It gives us a good excuse to visit all the beautiful places over and over again.

I would also be delighted to have people critique my little digital. Bob Lind did so while it was in Chicago, several years ago. If I remember correctly, his comment was "a good practice organ." That just about sums it up.

Thomas Dressler

Hi Albert! You look familiar. . .:)

Nice to see you here! I was hoping for a little help on our 19th century performing practice thread, but so far it's only acc and me. . .

LOL about the practice organ. At this point, with my church job being 100 miles from here, I'd be happy to have some kind of practice organ. Right now, it's just me, the harpsichord, and my hallucinations of pedals on the floor.

How's your weather up there? It's been way too warm here most of the winter, but for the past week it's been COLD! (finally. . .)

Nice to see you, and welcome!

Tom

Albert

Hi, Tom

Yes, we have [spoken] on line from time to time.

The weather is unseasonably warm here as well. Today we have about 10 degrees F of frost, which is great for the ski hill 20 miles West of here. Yesterday it was above freezing. Usually in Jan/Feb we run about 20 degrees F of frost.

I'm looking forward to our first trailer trip of the year in May. My 50th high school graduation class reunion. I don't know how I got into that class - I'm only 39, after all. This year I will celebrate the 28th anniversary of my 39th birthday. ;)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Albert, and Welcome to MIMF :wave:

Glad to have you aboard this forum. Happy to see another who also has annual 39th birthdays :grin: :cheers:

Albert

Hi Albert, and Welcome to MIMF :wave:

Glad to have you aboard this forum. Happy to see another who also has annual 39th birthdays :grin: :cheers:

I swore a number [large number] of years ago that I would never get any older than that reknowned violinist, Jack Benny :cool:

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Albert! :tiphat:

I hope you'll have a great time here! I'll be sure to write ahead if I'm every in area of the Southern Canadian Rocky Mountains :)

Looking forward to see you around

Kind regards,
Frederik