Hi everyone,

Wrightnojazz

I am an organist, and since Covid, repairer of a long-neglected small organ (c. 1500 pipes) in a poor church; a consuming, challenging, and surprisingly rich experience. I am learning along the way. The organ has an antiquated electric-pneumatic action and apparently was cobbled together from many used parts of other instruments. Just reactivated a pedal rank which has not spoken since 1980. Hoping to surprise the congregation when live services begin on the 16th of May. Always interested to connect with other repair people.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
I am an organist, and since Covid, repairer of a long-neglected small organ (c. 1500 pipes) in a poor church; a consuming, challenging, and surprisingly rich experience. I am learning along the way. The organ has an antiquated electric-pneumatic action and apparently was cobbled together from many used parts of other instruments. Just reactivated a pedal rank which has not spoken since 1980. Hoping to surprise the congregation when live services begin on the 16th of May. Always interested to connect with other repair people.
Hello, and welcome to MIMF! I hope you will enjoy the Pipe Organ Forum (and all the others as well ;))!

Exciting project, do tell us more about it!

Best regards,
Frederik