How many PASSWORDS/PINS for you??

Chi_townPhilly

Sr. Regulator
Sr. Regulator
Yesterday, I had something of a significant event in my time here at MIMF- for the first time, I typed in my (very strong) password from memory!:grin: So, with a look over my shoulder at Alvin Toffler- I was wondering- how many passwords or P.I. numbers do YOU carry around in your head?? As for me- there's:

Password to log on to my workplace computer
Password to access my work-screens on my workplace computer
P.I. number for bank ATM card
P.I. number for one of my credit cards (not that I EVER take cash-advances off my credit card- but somehow, I remember it all the same)

Then, for 'recreational' computing at home, there's:

Passwords to each of my three AOL screen-names
Passwords to each of the four message-boards on which I'm registered.

Whew!! That makes 11 different unique population-fields. (And, in case you're wondering, none of the above are 'variants' of other passwords-- so they really do qualify as separate elements.)

O.K. then- enough about me... how about YOU??!

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hmm, let me think...

That would be about 15 passwords (11 of them used daily). And, of course, each of them is one of a kind.

Five more and I think I'm gonna go crazy:nut:

marval

I have quite a few, bank ones, forum ones and ones for paying my bills online.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
All totaled: well over 50 passwords! By Mat's standards above, I've gone completely crazy :crazy::nut: ... but then I do spend a good number of hours every day online.

Firefox can store most of them as well as track the ones I've changed, but I never let it store passwords for financial institutions. I routinely change all passwords at least every 90 days.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I have quite a few too, but they are all locked in a safe place on my Palm phone (I only need remember one password to access this area). And I've got a hardcopy hidden somewhere at home, though I forget exactly where ...

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Well I do not use internet banking, my credit card is sig only, The only times I need a password is for forums and these are not highly secret so I use only one password for the lot, sometimes I have to add a number at the request of the register joker.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Mybignose666? for example? J.H.C.?
Thats a good idea, why didn't I think of it?

chimp1.gif