If you're a musician, how can you not like science? Be honest now.............

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I have posted a link to a very special chart below:

http://unihedron.com/projects/spectrum/downloads/spectrum_20090210.pdf

When I pondered long ago about the lyrics to "We don't need no education" - I forgot which band recorded the song...not that it matters much. It is so much blasted ignorance on the part of the youths...Yes of course there are many brilliant youths today but there are absolutely too many who don't care...

And the government politicos who fund "pressure groups" that keep enormous groups ignorant - Ignorant people are easier to control...

Last edited:

Dorsetmike

All I get is a black screen PDF buttons (page number and zoom) with a light grey border and a thin line down the left hand side, no text, no images. I do agreewith your comments re youth tho'.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
And the government politicos who fund "pressure groups" that keep enormous groups ignorant - Ignorant people are easier to control...
Many organisations have have also realised this comrade I will not mention their names as I may upset some of my friends. I had no problem viewing the chart through Adobe Reader

Corno Dolce

Just a note as to why I included the spectrum chart: When I saw the piano keyboard towards the bottom of the spectrum chart I felt that it could help people to see how frequencies above the piano are related to "energetic processes" and physical phenomena that correlate to astrophysical events beyond our control. So, in a nutshell, if you really understand music you can begin to understand the Universe...

JHC

That is very deep CD and has grabbed my interest with a vengeance as cosmology has long been of interest to me although I think a little bit tongue in cheek as I doubt that mankind has the intelligence as yet to understand the UV, I really do hope that this thread takes off, thanks for bringing it up xxx.

NB for some reason 3 asterisks replaced the 3 exes I posted to represent kisses as a show of appreciation?
A I and computer programming is such an amateur. ;)

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . .
NB for some reason 3 asterisks replaced the 3 exes I posted to represent kisses as a show of appreciation?

I've fixed that, Colin ...

Kh ♫

Corno Dolce

That is very deep CD and has grabbed my interest with a vengeance as cosmology has long been of interest to me although I think a little bit tongue in cheek as I doubt that mankind has the intelligence as yet to understand the UV, I really do hope that this thread takes off, thanks for bringing it up xxx.

Dearest Br. Colin,

Thanx so very much...Of course there is the debate about frequencies and "String Theory and M Theory" but I shant be wandering into the minefields of String Theory and M Theory as my grasp of those subjects is not concise. And then there is Dr. Guth with TOE(Theory of Everything)...

So, I would like to posit that we shall never know the exact workings of the observable Universe but that we must keep on striving and discovering the observable Universe and music is but one of the keys that can be used in our quest for understanding.

And I conclude with a mention about GRB's(Gamma Ray Bursts) - The most powerful and horrifically violent events in the observable Universe yet discovered. I believe they are responsible for so much.............

Last edited:

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Hi, CD and Happy New Year to you and your family. I believe the group to which you refer in your OP with the mantra regarding education is none other than Pink Floyd, from their song "Another Brick In The Wall".
While finding myself in agreement with most of your observations here (sic), I was just wondering to which government politicos/groups you are specifically referring to who are trying to keep large groups of people in an ignorant position. I take it you don't mean the Tea Party and its brethren, eh? :devil:

Last edited:

JHC

Just one simple but profound question CD, with our present knowledge of the UV has it strengthened or weakened the need of a creator (I am not referring to a God)

Corno Dolce

Dear Br. Colin,

Indeed you ask a very deep question - Maybe my answer will be too simple for you...The Creator was here before Time and will be present at the End of Time and after. The Creator is absolutely necessary to maintain order. We have no control or mastery but we are endowed with brains which we must use to help us navigate a violent world. The Creator gave us the Earth with magnetic and atmospheric protection from UV and Gamma radiation, so we need the Creator.

Last edited:

JHC

CD, do you consider there is intelligent life out in the UV or are we alone?

Corno Dolce

If there is intelligent life other than ourselves we would have already gotten to know about it - Personally, I believe that we are the only ones in the observable Universe. I submit now a link to a brilliant physicist who takes the discussion to a whole other level:

http://www.starcourse.org/jcp/

JHC

If there is intelligent life other than ourselves we would have already gotten to know about it - Personally, I believe that we are the only ones in the observable Universe. I submit now a link to a brilliant physicist who takes the discussion to a whole other level:

http://www.starcourse.org/jcp/

I had a brief look but will read more this afternoon I appreciate he is approaching from a different angel to what I am used to.
Considering the vast unimaginable distances and numbers involved I take the opposite view in that we are extremely unlikely to ever make contact but IMO intelligent life must have evolved or is evolving some where. :tiphat:

A very interesting site I had not heard of J Polkinghorne. I am a little disappointed that he does not go into more detail e.g Why is there anything at all? Which really is an impossible question to answer, but it would be interest to see him in debate with others, Hawking, Dawkins etc

Last edited: