Is anyone there?????

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
When as a young laddie at school in Cleobury Mortimer a group of a dozen of us had to learn this poem by James Elroy Flecker for the local Eisteddfod being as there is not much else going on MIMF I thought I would post it:
War song of the Saracens
We are they who come faster than fate: we are they who ride early or late: We storm at your ivory gate: Pale Kings of the Sunset, beware! Not on silk nor in satin we lie, not in curtained solemnity die Among women who chatter and cry, and children who mumble a prayer. But we sleep by the ropes of the camp, and we rise with a shout, and we tramp With the sun or the moon for a lamp, and the spray of the wind in our hair.

From the lands, where the elephants are, to the forts of Merou and Balghar, Our steel we have brought and our star to shine on the ruins of Rum. We have marched from the Indus to Spain, and by God we will go there again; We have stood on the shore of the plain where the Waters of Destiny boom.

A mart of destruction we made at Jalula where men were afraid, For death was a difficult trade, and the sword was a broker of doom; And the Spear was a Desert Physician who cured not a few of ambition, And drave not a few to perdition with medicine bitter and strong: And the shield was a grief to the fool and as bright as a desolate pool, And as straight as the rock of Stamboul when their cavalry thundered along: For the coward was drowned with the brave when our battle sheered up like a wave, And the dead to the desert we gave, and the glory to God in our song.

Last edited:

Dorsetmike

Not keeping you up are we Teddy?

dizzy.gif
mf_sleep.gif

JHC

How about Egypt what a mess, if the MB take over bang goes Israels last mate in the district.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
The Arabs haven't learned their History lesson very well, especially when they had their asses handed to them on a silver platter by the wily man named Moshe Dayan.

teddy

Duckmeister
I have decided to mark this auspicious occasions by signing off, for good. Goodbye dear world

teddy

Dorsetmike

I must say it's a bit quiet round here now, perhaps an 8,000 post count was his target, no more, no less; I would have thought 10,000 would have been a more significant figure though, at the rate he posted (200 per month) that would only have taken another 10 months.

CD's lead is once more unassailable by us lesser mortals.

I note there has been no obituary as yet.

JHC

I note there has been no obituary as yet.
I did post this on Random, will it suffice?
“Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?”

:cry::cry::cry:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Br. Colin,

I too feel crest-fallen now that Teddles has signed off, permanently...but methinks that he just visits without signing on.

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello peps

Sorry, had some traumatic news which just coincided with my post count. However, I decided to just get on with it and continue annoying you all. Missed you toooooo much.

annoying teddy