Norway

teddy

Duckmeister
What a tragedy. So many young people lost needlessly because of a looneys fantasy. Another strong case for a review of the gun laws? No you will merely place the firearms in the hands of criminals and nutters and out of the hands of law abiding citizens. My heart goes out to the parents, friends and relatives.

teddy

GoneBaroque

I agree Tedd, gun laws will only stop law abiding citizens from having guns. they make no difference to the criminals and the crazies. We have a National Rifle Association in the U.S. which seeks to protect the rights of gun owners. They have the slogan " guns don't kill people; people kill people. In fact I have seen a bumper sticker on cars which says " Defend the Right to Arm Bears".

teddy

Duckmeister
A vase in the hands of a lunatic is a lethal weapon. I cant remember who said it, but I agree. They withdrew all licences for hand guns over here a few years ago. We are still geting murderers age 14 or fifteen who have no trouble obtaining pistols. A friend of mine was offered one a few weeks ago for 150 pounds in a pub not far from here, notorious for drug dealers.

teddy

marval

What happened in Norway was dreadful, my heart goes out to all those involved, and to the families who have lost loved ones.

Nobody can really understand what was in his mind, or why he had such hatred to kill like that.

I just hope he did act alone, and that there are no others to follow his lead.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns :crazy:

Terrible tragedy in Norway - such senseless killings on innocent people who did nothing to harm this lunatic. My heart goes out to those families who now have to live with this tragedy for the rest of their lives.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Krummhorn gets it right - And, they will get my gun when they can pry it from my cold and dead fingers.

Corno Dolce

Ya gotta love christian fundamentalists

CT64, Breivik is not a christian fundamentalist. He is just a fulfillment of Nietzsche's prophecy - "The European Bourgeoise want the fruits of Christianity(i.e moral culture)with out the tree itself(i.e. doctrine and practice)."

teddy

Duckmeister
At least if you own a gun you have a chance of defending you and yours. If an armed robber entered my home I would have no compunction about shooting them, and I would have the opportunity to do it. What could be worse than seeing your loved ones gunned down and not being able to do anything about it

teddy

Corno Dolce

Since I'm not particularly adept at unarmed combat anymore I use the sidearm as an equalizer - I'd rather want to disable the crook than kill him. Of course, if he has my beloved ones as hostage I'll drop him with 3 slugs right between the eyes.

teddy

Duckmeister
The trouble with just wounding them CD is that A it will cost us about £50,000 a year to keep them in prison and B in a few years they will be out and doing it again. There is also the chance that they will sue you for any injuries that they sustained while in your house. No contest I say

teddy

Corno Dolce

Duckmeister - Your point is well taken - But I still want to avoid taking the perp's life but a hostage situation is red-zone for me - it will be all over in half a second. I don't negotiate with terrorists who have hostages - I warn them what will happen - if they don't submit then the dinner table will have one less diner.