Ohio, Neil Young 1970

"Ohio" is a protest song and counterculture anthem written and composed by Neil Young in reaction to the Kent State shootings of May 4, 1970, and performed by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
It was released as a single, backed with Stephen Stills's "Find the Cost of Freedom”.
Young wrote the lyrics to "Ohio" after seeing the photos of the incident in Life Magazine.

To all our social justice fighters.
May you have the strength, the stamina, and the charity to understand and love others, even in the midst of chaos and evil!!!
Love, peace, and joy to all peoples!!!

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

John Watt

When you say "feedback is much appreciated", are you up for constructive criticism?
Right away I'm saying you should slow down, it's that kind of song.
As a video production you shouldn't look so happy about this tragic afternoon.
Four dead in Ohio, four dead and we all know, four dead in Ohio, I'm alive, that's all I know,
four dead in Ohio, guns up high and guns below, four dead in Ohio,
please release me I have to go.

When you say "feedback is much appreciated", are you up for constructive criticism?
Right away I'm saying you should slow down, it's that kind of song.
As a video production you shouldn't look so happy about this tragic afternoon.
Four dead in Ohio, four dead and we all know, four dead in Ohio, I'm alive, that's all I know,
four dead in Ohio, guns up high and guns below, four dead in Ohio,
please release me I have to go.
Hi John,
I love your feedback!!!
I have to agree with your assessment, slowing this song down really delivers the somber message of this classic protest song.
And you are absolutely correct about the physical personification of the message deliverer!!!
You are an artist, and I am so happy to hear these great feedback!!!
Thank you, John!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

John Watt

I have to admit it was easy to think the song should be slowed down and sung more serious,
but that's coming from the late sixties when all folk-singers were too serious as stage performers.
I remember the first time a folk singer appeared onstage with a home carpet, lamp and table,
Valdy, from Vancouver, Canada. He not only was serious, he tried to move right in on the venue.
Look at you, with all your home decor around you, so much more.
I can see you singing "Southern Man", a nice song in Dm. It's faster.

I have to admit it was easy to think the song should be slowed down and sung more serious,
but that's coming from the late sixties when all folk-singers were too serious as stage performers.
I remember the first time a folk singer appeared onstage with a home carpet, lamp and table,
Valdy, from Vancouver, Canada. He not only was serious, he tried to move right in on the venue.
Look at you, with all your home decor around you, so much more.
I can see you singing "Southern Man", a nice song in Dm. It's faster.
Hi John,
You are so awesome, and so much appreciated.
I love Southern Man, and I will be covering that song one of these days.
Lots of competing things to do.
The sixties and the seventies are great decades for serious artists, and I love the songs from these era.
I will have to check out Valley from Vancouver, Canada.
Thanks for the notice on my Music Room.
With love and respect,
Rene