Paintings

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
Thank you, Frederik, for your comments refering to my paintings. It is always a joy for me to know when/if people enjoy what I create, so thank you. But you are right about the photo quality; could definately be better...

The text on painting no.5 you'll get in danish (and if anyone would like a translation - in english -, please let me know; then I'll see what I can do.... )

"O Gud velsigne disse to
som står for dine øjne
og bind dem sammen to til eet
med båndet af din kærlighed.
Giv du dem troskab mod den pagt
de indgik ved dit alter,
så kærlighed styrer deres dag,
den onde som den gode.

Og lad din kærlighed bære frugt
så de i glæde vandrer.
Hjælp dem at ta' imod med tak
de gaver fra dine hænder.
Og lad dem altid kende dig
i gudsfrygt og i glæde,
og hjælp de to i tro og håb -
at leve dig til ære."

This hymn was sung at the royal wedding between HRH Martha Louise and Ari Behn, (and as I am writing this, I am a little insecure; it could also have been at the wedding between HRH Haakon and Mette-Marit ?) and my friends who were getting married, asked me to sing the hymn in the church at their wedding, so of course it was a obvious choice to put the lyrics on my painting as well, so it really became a very personal gift, - for all of us
smile.gif

Actually there's a lot of symbolism in this painting; f.ex. walking through life together, choosing direction, different doors, walking up and down the stairs, the water as a symbol of life (and God)- the place to drink when we feel dry inside. And picking a motive from Venice is not a coincidence either...

cool.gif
Trebbien