Problem pasting jazz from Youtube

OLDUDE

Up to now my problem has been confined to pasting some jazz.
Posting Louis worked as did the john wilson orch. But trying to paste for example; -
Stan Getz
Jack Teagarden
did not.
I will try to paste more Jazz onto this thread to try and highlight what is going wrong, so please bear with me for a while

Dorsetmike

Open the track in youtube, highlight the address, copy it, open the MIMF quick reply window, above the text area are a number of icons, run the cursor over them, the right hand end one is QUOTE, the next one to that is intended to represent part of a strip of Cine film, when the cursor is over that it says "Insert image", click that and paste the address you got from the youtube track, if you want full screen click the bottom right corner of the youtube video, much easier than trying to automatically size it in your post.

The difference in the URL in your post is the inclusion of the word "embed" whereas using the link icon the URL contains the word "watch" instead

You can also use the !insert link! icon in which case to view the track you just click on the link in the resultant post.

stu

John,I have been having a few problems as well. Messages and video. I checked both your posts and it is Mikes 'Acker Bilk' video that keeps popping up, and when it does the computer freezes up!! I have to shut down and log in again. I also had some adverts appear as well!
I am now going to try again and paste a video to see what happens!

OLDUDE

Thanks for your comments Mike and stu.
I am still messing about with this and I will contact you both later

OLDUDE

OK Mike and stu,
I think I have cracked my problem (from the point-of-view of my system anyway).
First let me explain my problem in more depth.
A) What used to happen;
i) I would find an item on Youtube that I liked
ii) I would right-click on it
iii) On the menu ensuing I would click on "Copy Video URL"
iv) I would return to the Forum and enter a new post and right click.
v) On the resulting menu I would click on "paste".
and lo and behold an entry would appear which when clicked let me and others
see the original item (usually a jazz performance).
Easy yes?

And then things changed!!!!!!!

Sorry - got to go - will continue tomorrow

teddy

Duckmeister
http://youtu.be/SaDTBzK5Da4

This is the way I always do it. Get the video up I wll be posting. Shrink it and get the reply box I want. Go back to youtube and click SHARE, then COPY. Back to the forum reply box, right click and PASTE. Very simply and it worked ok here.

teddy

Dorsetmike

Using right click on the video gives a link for use in a different type of Forum software, not the one used by MIMF ( I think it also works in some email applications)

Just about every page you open on the internet shows its address at top, immediately above the site page, if you run the cursor over it, it will be highlighted, once it's highlghted you can right click and select Copy or you can use <ctrl> C, then in the MIMF reply click on either the "Insert Video" icon, or the "Link" icon and paste the site URL to the insert window.

It amazes me how much difficulty some people have over such a simple series of actions, I could understand someone who uses the PC about once a fortnight having problems, but not a regular nearly every day user.

teddy

Duckmeister
But the system I use for Youtube is simple, foolproof (I can use it) and always works for me.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Well, the link you posted from Youtube certainly made me jump Mike. I may even turn the sound on next time.

teddy

stu

Mike. Seems like John and I have similar problems. Up to just maybe a week or so ago pasting a video was an easy task, but lately, even highlighting 'insert video' or the 'copy url' either doesn't work or sometimes posts the wrong video. Or, in my case the site sometimes freezes up or shuts down, and sometimes I get a full page from somewhere full of gobbblygook about some unknown error, or I have to shut down then go back and attempt to get back in to the site. When I do this, lo and behold the site has been there all along hiding behind all the gooblygook sometimes accompanied by some immovable advert, ( THIS IS AN IMMOVABLE ADVERT!!) :) then quicker than you can holler, 'Dammit!!' (or words of a more agressive nature!) I then get informed about a connection error that doesn't exist! Then thinking I have reached my destination I paste a video, but the insert command is- blank!!! Not always, but often enough to for me to tell 'YOU' what to do with their 'Tube'!:)