Rating The Jazz Piece Above Me

OLDUDE

I did the same to you gord - anyway I loved the film when I watched it many years ago
and I rate the music 10/10

teddy

Duckmeister
Sorry John. May 1st was a 9.75 and a 9 for your last one. Some lovely guitar work. Now I will go hunting

teddy

OLDUDE

OK teddy but rate this one first.
I know how much you enjoy trombone, but I'm not sure how you rate Bob Brookmeyer
who plays mostly valve trombone , (and pretty good piano).

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
@ Mat, I must say, Mat, that one of the reasons I have always liked and respected you so much is your ever present willingness to help a fellow member on this board. Thank You for being such a kind and decent person! :tiphat:

OLDUDE

Here - here, to that Steve.
Well Mat, I'm not a very well organised fellow when it comes to posting, and what I used to do was
start a post and then go into You tube for a piece of music, and then go back to the Forum to paste it.
(But sometimes I lost the post and had to start again).
So - oooh, what I try to do now, is to start the post and if I want to paste a track from Youtube I press the "post quick reply"
button, get the track, return to the Forum and retrieve and restore my original post and paste the track into it.
Unfortunately this is when I sometimes (not always) find I now have made 2 posts only the second of which contains the track.
Frustrating!!!!

teddy

Duckmeister
John
Do you just shrink the forum page while you are hunting, or close it completely?

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Ok, John. I think I know what might be the problem.

What you might wanna do next time is to first open your browser and get the MIMF page and leave it as it is, and then open a new tab (in order to do so you have to press Ctrl+T on your keyboard, or go to menu File in the upper bar of your browser and click on New Tab). Now you should have two separate tabs: one with MIMF page and the other one blank (or with homepage - depending on your browser's settings). Next, load youtube on that other tab, find the clip you want to post, copy its adress, switch back to the first tab with MIMF page, paste the link and the text you want to post in the Quick Reply window, and then post it.

If you're not familiar with tab browsing, here are short guides for two most popular browsers - Firefox and Explorer. Which one are do you use? Personally, I advice against using Explorer. If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to post them here or via PM.

@ Mat, I must say, Mat, that one of the reasons I have always liked and respected you so much is your ever present willingness to help a fellow member on this board. Thank You for being such a kind and decent person! :tiphat:

Thank you very much for your post, Steve. Though it's really not a big deal, I'm glad to be of help whenever I can be. Besides, we're all a part of a friendly community and I'm sure that if you or I or whoever else had a problem, there would be people willing to help us.

Humbly yours,
Mat :angel:

OLDUDE

Thanks for trying to help me Mat, but I'm afraid I'm so ignorant about computers that I dont understand your explanation.
(I dont know what an MIMF page is for example).
I'll just continue the way that I am - which usually works - and if Magle wants to wipe my membership for wasting their space, then so be it.
However, thanks a million for trying to help me.
Yours in friendship,
John

Can somebody rate my piece of the 10th to get us back on track?

teddy

Duckmeister
A favorite piece with me John and an impressive line up. 9.5 Would have been a 10, but I like the original so much

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
A PM on your way, John.

Your track deserves a solid 9.5/10. A classic.