Retirement

teddy

Duckmeister
Well, I have finally (?) and officially retired. At least for the moment. I cannot see it lasting long partly because it would mean me becoming a house husband and partly because I want another BMW and I have my eye (I only have one working) on a black 5 series estate. I will try and get the cancer treatment out the way and then either start a new business or find something reasonably lucrative to do. Any (polite) suggestions greatfully recieved.

teddy

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Take up politics they all seem to get rich very quickly but then perhaps you are a man of higher moral principles.
Best of luck with your fight teddy.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
@ Teddy, Congratulations! You hang in there with your battle; I just know you are going to win that one as well! :cheers:

wljmrbill

Congrats on the the retirement. SUre you will do well in both fights. Since I retired I always seem to find somehing I think I need...LOL

teddy

Duckmeister
Thanks guys. All of my retired friends tell me that they don't know where they found the time to work and its true I could keep busy for a couple of months just getting the house and garden straight (OK make the a couple of years the state its in). As far as politics, well, there are limits Colin. Just how low do you think I will go? (How much does it pay?)

teddy

JHC

As far as politics, well, there are limits Colin. Just how low do you think I will go? (How much does it pay?)

teddy

It's not the pay it's the back handers, I would say if you are a failure at business then you will fit in well as a poly.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Happy retirement, teddy ...

I did that myself in 2006 ... no more 40 hour work week since then. I kept my church position as organist though and in May this year I'm eligible to start drawing my Social Security, which then goes for life.

I've found more than enough to do since retiring from full time work ... always lots to do around the house - painting, repairing, weeding, gardening, watering, planting, laundry, cooking, dishes, etc. I'm certainly not bored in any respect. Then I have my music career, and the two Magle forums to help administrate.

I wouldn't be a politician if it paid a million dollars ... had enough of that political crap when I was president of my home owners association where we lived before moving into our present house in 2011.

Lars

JHC

The tasks that used to take a coup[le of hours gradually take longer and longer as parts of your body start falling off one after the other, I need to remove tree debris from my work shop roof but am now not supposed to use a ladder so a 1/2 hour job will have to be done by a contractor I shudder to think how much they will charge.

teddy

Duckmeister
Thanks Lars. It certainly is a strange feeking at the moment.
Colin, I need to refelt my small shed roof. It is only about 7 foot high so I will do it myself. It will stop me getting bored and I can practise my falling

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
No problem Mike, as long as it doesn't matter if it leaks afterwards. We have two small sheds and a greenhouse and they all need some attention, and the amount of junk they contain will require a skip to shift

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
A piece of advice for anyone considering retiring. Don't do it in the middle of Winter unless you have plenty of things planned. I can not garden, or do exterior decorating, even interior decorating is a bad idea with the short days and poor light. I can not go for a walk or try out my new bike, without getting soaked or blown away. The urge to hibernate is very strong in me at this time of year so I have trouble motivating myself. I have about four days work left clearing documents from my office and then I will be scratching for things to do. To easy to sit in front of the fire and eat, which I am managing to resist. Have advertised for a beautiful young rich woman to take me abroad but they do not seem interested in a sixty four year old cripple. Found myself planning a hairct- and getting excited about it.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Its a great idea Mike and one I have thought of over the years, but unfortunately I do not have a spare room at the moment, or anywhere else I could put it. Even a fold down board is out of the question at the moment. Maybe at a later date a garden layout might be a psossibility, but there is a lot of work to do out there before I could consider it, and they tend to be very expensive. I will just have to settle for a ride on the real one, plus a few of the others in Wales if I can arrange it

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Day fifteen. Still very busy. My latest project has just had a major setback, so even busier. Still too cold and wet to want to venture outside. Pining for some heat and local wine.

teddy

JHC

I have just finished splitting and stacking my firewood it has taken me a couple of weeks doing a bit each day, 20 years ago I would have had it finished in a couple of days,

teddy

Duckmeister
Home brewing is an idea. My mother used to make a powerful dandelion and burdock wine and marrow rum can be quite powerful. But as far as the heat is concerned I would rather have the South of France.

teddy

JHC

Out of the two I prefer cold to heat i.e within reason. last night it was too darn hot to sleep.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
I have just finished splitting and stacking my firewood it has taken me a couple of weeks doing a bit each day, 20 years ago I would have had it finished in a couple of days,

I know that feeling well, brother. Welcome to the club! :cry: