Russian Opera

Alban Berg

Banned
I'd like to have some people here...I know Russian opera is not the most popular in North America...But I love it and I'd love to share this wonderful thing with you...

See you

:cool:
Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
Alban...you'll be alone here...Nobody or almost like this....We can share this together...LOL

Let's make a list...alphabetical list...First letter A...like Arensky...This guy composed two or three or more beautiful operas...but many were lost...I just have Raphael...a nice little opera (1 CD).
I think we will be here alone just you and me.

Best regards.

Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
Alban...you'll be alone here...Nobody or almost like this....We can share this together...LOL

Let's make a list...alphabetical list...First letter A...like Arensky...This guy composed two or three or more beautiful operas...but many were lost...I just have Raphael...a nice little opera (1 CD).
I think we will be here alone just you and me.

Best regards.

Martin
===============================
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLdi56TWaEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ29an8Wv20&feature=related

Enjoy it, Martin!

Alban Berg

Banned
ovely videos, Martin

===================================
Lovely videos, Martin...Well...we spoke about Arensky...Now..."B" no Russian operas with B...balakirev never composed an opera...Let's speak about Cui, Cesar Cui...You composed the Pushkin opera based, the feast during the plague. Nice little opera. Very short indeed. He also composed another opera, lost.

Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
Russian opera

Um, North America? Do you think that all of the people who post here are from North America do you? How amusing.
====================================================
No, I don't think so....But I think that you haven't said anything about the subject...have you? Should I include Australia? or Oceania?

I have an American friend, he's a fan of Russian opera...then some exceptions exist.

Should I ignore your message?

Sincerely,

Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
Alone again...my best friend...

====================================================
No, I don't think so....But I think that you haven't said anything about the subject...have you? Should I include Australia? or Oceania?

I have an American friend, he's a fan of Russian opera...then some exceptions exist.

Should I ignore your message?

Sincerely,

Martin
=====================================
-We don't need people like that...do we?
-Not at all
- How are you doing?
- Great

I bought something a guy suggested here...St Matthew Passion, it is awesome...Fedoseyev, the young composer...Very talented, he's a bishop, my wife says he's handsome...I don't know, I notice nothing...LOL

Best regards.

Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
wow! Prince Igor!

How could I've forgotten this great opera! Indeed. I love it? What version(s) do you have?

Alban Berg

Banned
very good choice!

I have two versions on CD: Mark Ermler and Melik-Pachaiev.
Two DVDs: Gergiev and Provatorov.

I love this opera...

Best regards.

Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
well...after C id D

Dargomizhsky is a giant...Ver often quite unknown in North America. I have two operas by him: Russalka and Esmeralda (rare recording).
What about you? What do you know about this composer?

Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
Thanks for the links. I did enjoy these selections.

You are very very welcome...Maybe the next step would be to buy Russalka?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003E113WG/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1300380216&sr=1-1-spell&condition=new

20$ is not bad for 3 CDs!

Wow! Wait! You can listen to it for FREE!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E113WG/sr=1-1-spell/qid=1300380216/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1300380216&sr=1-1-spell&seller=

Enjoy!

Martin

wljmrbill

Thanks I will check this out.. I will check and see if it on DVD from a performance or not. I much prefer to watch operas on DVD/ or in person than CD alone.

Alban Berg

Banned
Thanks I will check this out.. I will check and see if it on DVD from a performance or not. I much prefer to watch operas on DVD/ or in person than CD alone.

Well...the DVD is difficult to find...A friend copied to me some years ago...Anyhow there are not subtitles...if you need subtitles...Wait until we'll die....

Martin

wljmrbill

Even without subtitles..music becomes the universal langage by itself. One can always review the sylibis to get the jest.