Serassi1836

Serassi1836

My nickname is the name of a organ which is in a church in my village. I play the piano and the pipe organ (in some ferials masses). My favourite composers are Bach and Mozart, and the work that I prefer is the Mozart's Requiem. I like also gregorian chant. I live in Castelleone, in the north of Italy. Hello from Serassi1835. :)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Serassi1836,

Welcome to MIMF. I'm sure you will enjoy the ongoing discussions in this forum community. Looking forward to seeing you about the forums here.

Gregorian chant, huh? Yup, I love that stuff too - it's beautiful music if sung or played correctly.

NEB

hello Serassi1836

I too love Mozart's requiem. It is music that touches the soul.

I grew up with plainsong and always liked it.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Serassi! :tiphat:

Please do tell us more about the Serassi organ on which you play and Castelleone. Looking forward to see you around,

Kind regards,
Frederik

Serassi1836

Serassi 1836 Organ

I don't play on this organ :)cry:; I'd like do it!). I play on another organ which isn't as good as the Serassi. So, this isn't a big organ. Built in 1836 by Serassi (Bergamo) it has got one keyboard, divided by Basses and Sopranos. It has got a mechanic transmission. There aren't many stops. It has got some reeds and a good mixture. It has got the Third hand, which plays the sound also an octave higher, the Lombardy free combination, that, pressing a pedal you get in some selected stops and the Tiratutti, another pedal that get in all stops.

Kind regards,
Serassi1836

PS: When I will got one, I will send you a photo of this organ!

Muza

Hi Serassi1836. How are you doing? Its very nice to have you join us here :) I hope you like it as much as we do ;)