What did you have for breakfast??

teddy

Duckmeister
Small bowl of Original Alpen (muesli plus nuts etc) although I have read that there is five times more sugar in it than Wheatabix.

teddy

Dorsetmike

Tesco's "Value" version of Weetabix contains much less sugar than does the original Weetabix (2.5g against 4.4g per 100g) and costs less than half as much. The size of the individual biscuits is slightly less (2 biscuits =35g against 37.5g) and the cheaper ones stay a bit crisper i.e. don't go as soggy when milk is added.

Why do so many people think they have to go for the dearer branded versions of goods when there are perfectly good unbranded (or stores "own brand") items? All they pay for is the advertising, probably posher offices with superfluous highly paid staff and sometimes fancier packaging and a "NAME". At the same time they moan about the cost of living.

teddy

Duckmeister
Personally I like soggy cereals. I always wait until they are soggy before eating them. Nothing nicer than a bowl of cornflakes with a sprinkling of sugar and left to soak in cold milk. Yum yum.

teddy

Dorsetmike

Yeah but Weetabix don't give much option, they get soggy as soon as you take the milk out of the frig. I prefer warm milk anyway, so it's 40 seconds in the microwave for mine, mine also get a fairly heavy sprinkling of sweetener (Tesco own brand, not Splenda, half the price for same stuff), then milk (which dissolves or washes off most of the sweetener), then a similarly heavy sprinkling of sugar before being microwaved. (Shades of Oink oink?)

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
A stack, washed down by some coffee and oj in a diner while waiting for my car to be serviced at the Nissan dealer in Valley Stream.

teddy

Duckmeister
No Colin, just one slice and another in the evening. Just something to take my pills with.
Steve. I assume a stack means pancakes?
Weight down to 14 stone 8 lbs (204 Lb) so just toast this morning. Reaching for the 14 stone mark.

teddy