What Do You Drive?

tinkspixiedust

I drive an 02 Skoda Octavia....I have to say its a very reliable machine, but my passion is to own a Morris Minor my dad always had them and since he passed it has been my dream to own one.....only thing is Im not sure if I could cope with the lack of power :( My dad had a grey one with red leather seats with a white trim (prob plastic :) ) the last one he had I still remember the reg GIO 782....I checked out the reg and its been scrapped how cool it would have been to have been able to locate it and restore it!!! Ah how one loves to dream!

Dorsetmike

Had not noticed this thread before, so here goes; until I reached the age of 70 I was driving this 1962 Ford Classic, it got us into classic car shows for free in the summer months

wist.jpg

I finally decided I'd had enough of crawling under it etc so sold it.

Now since my wife passed on I have 2 Mazdas, her burgundy 2003 Mazda 2 diesel, which costs very little to run, £35 road tax per year and 60+ miles to the gallon.

mazdasgc.jpg

I also have the blue 2000 Mazda Demio 1.5i. I must sell one soon, but which?

I now only do maybe 2,000 miles in a year, so fuel and road tax costs don't add much to the overall cost, the newer car would sell for considerably more than the other; thinks new camera, new ..............

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
I bought a 2010 Nissan Altima, black 4 door sedan in June of this year. Even though it's a 4 cylinder engine, pick up and acceleration are most excellent. If I could get it on the parkways and interstates more often, I should be able to get about 30 mpg; the city driving really cuts down the fuel efficiency. Overall, no complaints and quite happy with this vehicle. :grin:

teddy

Duckmeister
A ten year old 520sei BMW. I cannot bear to get rid of it as it is like old old pair of shoes. 28-30mpg on local use, but on the trip down to the South of France (650 miles non-stop) it returned 34mpg cruising at 80-85 mpg. i will be very sad when it dies as it still looks lovely. Also have the convertible Porsche which will shortly be up for sale due to my deteriorating eyesight. Beautiful car, love it. the most fun I have ever had in a car - with my clothes on that is.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
I have joined the old farts club and purchased a second hand Pequot 307 diesel estate. This is partly in preparation for my semi retirement and partly because the BMW had reached the stage where it was becoming uneconomical to maintain. Enjoying the economy but missing the effortless driving of the old car and all the useful gadgets. I find it is a bit like marring an ugly woman who can cook really well................

teddy

PS Loads of room in the back for the ducks!

teddy

Duckmeister
Having just completed two trips to the SoF I cannot wait to buy another five series BMW. The Peugeot is very good, and economical for local driving, but if you want an effortless drive over 650 miles it is a pain in the bum. It is so good to be able to step out of a car after that sort of drive without any aches or pains you did not start with. And over that sort of distance you need a car that can cruise effortlessly at 80-90 miles an hour. I now regret selling the BMW and will replace it as soon as possible.

teddy

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I still have my two babies but it is getting harder to get in and out of them as I get older

teddy

Duckmeister
Just hire a couple of nurses. 35 years old, blonde, with good grab handles. That should do the trick.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Just succumbed and purchased a 5 series BMW 2 litre diesel. 140 mph and 50 miles to the gallon. Full leather interior and more gadgets than I can count. Well, you only live once. It feels like going home,
SoF here I come

teddy

Nikam

Just succumbed and purchased a 5 series BMW 2 litre diesel. 140 mph and 50 miles to the gallon. Full leather interior and more gadgets than I can count. Well, you only live once. It feels like going home,
SoF here I come

teddy

With all the 20mph zones, that seems a bit OTT Teddy. :shake:

teddy

Duckmeister
but great in France;)

There are still plenty of places where you can cruise at 70 mph, And Colin, you would hardly know it was a diesel. So quick and smooth and today I got 70 MPG cruising at 60 MPH.

teddy