What do you think about The 2012 prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodistgirl

I have too. This is different because I saw it on google earth sky.
The doomsday planet located not to far from Orion. Look it up.
Then again you might be right it will be nothing. We just
meed to keep our eyes peeled.
judy tooley

Last edited:

Muza

Is it gonna make you feel any better if you know that you should be waiting for your death?

methodistgirl

I know that I have talked about the 2012 prediction and it's scary.
But, we all know that there is someone who holds the future in his
hands. Those of us who go to church worship him every sunday.
That's God who holds the future. I just listened to a song by Bill
Gaither called "Because He Lives". To be scared of what might
happen four years from now can be so wrong. Only he knows when
things will change or end. He never leaves us when we need him.
I just asked him to forgive me and take away that fear. God holds
the future in his big hands and knows what will take place better
than all of science or religion in the world can muster up. So relax
and enjoy you life to the fullest and trust in the One who does
know the future.:cry:
judy tooley

marval

The end will come when it is your time. Life is too short to sit around waiting for it. Just enjoy each day as if it is your last, and then when the next day comes enjoy that one too.

Margaret

marval

Thank you Judy

I loved the big hug.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, so I will do the best I can.

Margaret

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
margaret, of course, is spot on. No point sitting around waiting for "the big event" (whatever that may be) because as you do sit around waiting for it, so many other events fly past.

Muza

I quite agree with you Margaret. no point thinking about it, waiting for it - just a waste of one's time and nerves. Just enjoy your time as it is, enjoy it today, then when tommorow comes - enjoy tomorrow, and so on. Thats the best philosophy I can think of ;)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Yesterday always was ... Today is always here ... Tomorrow never comes

Live for today ... as no mortal man [or woman] can predict the future.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
A lot of people and various organisations connected to Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or any other religion or myth have predicted the Apocalypse - the end of the world as we know of it - for centuries, and none of them came in to be true. How many times has the Jehova´s Witnesses or the Mormons, and even today certain christian crusador groups have predicted - the end of the world is close.

Facts are, we´re all still here in a world where the entire population of the world increases by the minute, since the negroid race of the human beings, the first man to walk the earth began his march eastern bound around the world - at least 15.-20.000 years ago.

One of the most historical famous persons, who various people later in history have proclaimed had the ability to predict certain events for the future to happen, hundreds of years post his own departure was the doctor of medicin and the astrologist Nostradamus (originally Michel de Notredame, born in France 1503, departured in 1566).

He still has his own fan club world wide. Various people and organisations, who have earned millions of dollars, claiming Nostradamus to have the ability to predict the 9/11, the Tsunami, the WWII, the end of the Sovjet Union, the San Francisco Earth Quake and so on and so forth.

Completely rediculous and out of any scientific method of explanation, and worse completely rediculous according to science and our own human culturel and social history. In his own way, Nostradamus was considered, at the time he actually was a live to be - a freak.

Only later generations of people world wide claim, Nostradamus had this ability to predict future events hundreds of years later, because they interpretate what he wrote in his very ambiguous prophecies. The same way christian crusadors of today interpretate, what was written in the Old Testament - hundreds of years later.

While, as someone said above, no one so far has been able to predict the right numbers of a lottery?, or the weather forecast for Denmark one month ahead? or who will be appointed to the leadership of the democratical western world for the future?

But a lot of people have made a fortune in money, trying to make other fellow human beings scraed to their bones with predictions of - the Apocalypse.

Last edited:

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
2012 is the year I plan (early) retirement....

Dear Art Rock :tiphat:

I followed the link provided by you from your forum profile to the artistic work by Lu Shaper, who I would consider you to be close to - perhaps your one and only love in life, as your wife?

Interesting stuff. :clap::wave::banana::trp:

You mention you will take an early retirement in the year 2012. Having been born in 1957, you would be 51 now (still a lad though :D - I was born in 1954), so an early retirement like you state it in 2012 would be okay IMHO, since you seem to have had both hands full for a number of years as a manager as well.

Whatever, please have as much fun as possible for the rest of your active years, and do not become a stranger here at the MIMF.

The best regards and wishes of luck and a continued happy marriage for the future both for you and Ms. Lu Shaper

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I can never understand why people set a fixed date for the World's demise and try to gin-up panic, frustration, paranoia, discontent, dissonance, distress, and mayhem.

marval

Neither can I, if something is going to happen it will. No human can predict it. Anyway who wants to know, it won't change anything.

Each day is special, whether it is your last or not.

Margaret

methodistgirl

Ever read Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy? One thing that it said was,"Don't
panic!". I just realize there's really nothing to worry about. All we need
to do is let the good Lord know he needs to change it and we need to do
some changing. This is just going to be an astronomical event. God is
in control of these things and all we have to do is ask. Those of us who
are either christians,jewish,or even islamic need to pray over it.
judy tooley

Status
Not open for further replies.