What jazz have you been listening to today?

cwarchc

Oscar Peterson Trio - A Jazz Portrait of Frank Sinatra & Charles Mingus - In a Soulful Mood (a compilation of tracks that were originally released on the, shortlived, Candid label)

stu

Chet Baker Quartet- tracks from 3 CD volumes. Live from Ann Arbor, Tiffany Club etc, on Pacific Jazz label.

Kenny Burrell Trio-Live from Cafe Bohemia. CD.

stu

Gerry Mulligan Quartet -Live Salle Playel, Paris, 1954. with Bob Brookmeyer; Red Mitchell; Frank Isola.
They say a good jazz recording needs to be played many many times before it very reluctantly reveals the treasures within.
I have owned this music for a zillion years at least, and I still dig it out from the shelf, because I know it never fails to produce
not only something new, but also equally importantly, it swings like the 'clappers' !:cool:

cwarchc

This forum is introducing me to some really cool jazz, thanks guys

I've now got Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers playing The Big Beat, spinning away

Dorsetmike

Wes Montgomery, "Sunshine of your smile" however as I'm listening to my selections on last.fm, that was followed by an organ voluntary by John Blow, and a harpsichord work by Couperin. Variety is the spice of life!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

stu

Pepper Adams CD. with various personnel; Zoot Sims; Frank Foster; Tommy Flanagan; Paul Chambers;Louis Hayes; Donald Byrd;Elvin Jones;Hank Jones etc.
The excellent rhythm section on the track 'Trio' would make your nerves break step!:cool:

teddy

Duckmeister
Jack Teagarden - Misery and the Blues

Sums things up now I am back in reality. Another year before I am likely to be back in the South of France.

teddy