What jazz have you been listening to today?

teddy

Duckmeister
Football on tonight so I will be spending the evening with Jack (Teagarden) and Louis (Armstrong)

Time better spent.

teddy

gord

milt Jackson--plenty plenty soul-atlantic.when it comes to the best album of all time,this one is a serious contender.gord

stu

Thelonious Monk Quartet-Live At Newport 1963 CD (with Pee Wee Russell on 2 tracks) We lost bass player Butch Warren on 5th October. He had a short career due to illness and was house bass player at one time for Blue Note records. But, IMO, his singing bass lines were very very poorly recorded. I feel that on this live Monk session his creative ability is allowed to shine through.

John Watt

Miles Davis' "Doo-Bop" sound, while sipping warm all natural cranberry and concorde grape juice.
I might try some solid food later on today.

teddy

Duckmeister
Some Cannonball Adderley to get me through the afternoon, and help stop me killing some of the morons I have to deal with.

teddy

gord

laurindo almeida-bud shank quartet---brazilliance---pacific jazz
laurindo almeida-charlie byrd quartet---tango---concord

gord

thelonious monk-john Coltrane---the complete 1957 riverside recordings (2cds)--riverside. two of my favorites on this album plus coleman Hawkins on some tracks,this music is indispensable.gord