What music are you listening to?

WalkingTheSky

Re: What are you listening to?

At the moment, James Newton Howard is playing. Before that, James Horner was my pick.
wink.gif

Marjorie

I've been listening to Russell Watson's Amore Musica all week. I know Russell has gotten a lot of flack from the opera world because he wasn't operatically trained. Well, he's come a long way since he started and I think this album is just beautiful. I listen to it for days on end, put it away and put some others in the car, but by the end of the week, Amore Musica is back in my player!

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes

Hey Rune,

Actually "Beautiful" is not my favorite track on the CD, - I like "Goodbye My Lover" and some of the other tracks even better.
But I guess the album is not very variated in style or genre, so if you're not impressed by the sound in "Beautiful", I don't think you'll be impressed by the rest of the cd
smile.gif

But the album did live up to my personal expectations....

cool.gif
Trebbien

jason

Josh Groben. We're moving into my new house, and my wife is blasting it. Not my choice.

Priest

Commodore of Impending Doom II

Massive Attack
the whole mezzanine album..

Priest

Commodore of Impending Doom II

yep.. nice one.. have a lot of their stuff that I treasure very much.. especially in the later hours of the day, when I'm working in front of the computer.

currently listening to the soundtrack from Ghost in the Shell.. strongly recommendable.. japanese ambient made by a symphony orchestra...

Christine Callisen

Commodore of happiness and laughter

One of my favourite songs is "I can´t make you love me" with Bonnie Raitt. I really think she is a fantastic singer with a lovely voice!
smile.gif

jason

I'm listening to Down's first album, "NOLA". It's a group of guys featuring frontman from Pantera, Phil Anselmo, all of whom are from New Orleans. Some really groovy metal.

Christine Callisen

Commodore of happiness and laughter

"Down" - is it a very popular group were you live? I don´t really know them.....
crazy.gif
Is there somewhere I can hear one of the songs?
ooo.gif

jason

"Down" - is it a very popular group were you live? I don´t really know them.....
crazy.gif
Is there somewhere I can hear one of the songs?
ooo.gif

They're not really very "popular", and are relatively unknown, even among metal-fans. When they came out with the album "NOLA", it was mostly underground, and you had to dub a copy to get one, because nobody sold it. A few more copies were released to the public after it was obvious they were needed, but it maintained its mostly underground following. With their second release "Down II", it was significantly more commercialized and backed, but more muddy and lacking sould and inspiration as the first one did. It sold probably 100 times as many copies in its first few weeks as the first album did. "Down III" is rumored, but probably significantly sidelined due to the hurricanes that have apparantly destroyed Phil Anselmos home and studio.

amira

Star Wars OST.... I feel like I'm Darth Vader... LOL!

Simone

I'm listning to Hr. Nedersen bt SchmidtPedersen.. No reason to explain what it is, because Jette already have done that
wink.gif

Bur I have been listning to that cd the last 1½ month, because it reminds me of the best theatreconcert I ever have seen, and of course it is Sange Indefra on Odense Teater
confused.gif

Simone
cool.gif

WalkingTheSky

"Animals", Nickelback. Their new release, "All The Right Reasons" just came out on October 4th and I've been listening to it non-stop.
wink.gif

betsy

What music are your listening to right now?

right now im listening to paint it black by the rolling stones
guitar.gif
trump.gif
banana.gif
yours

Marek Michalak

Re: What music are your listening to right now?

I have been recently, as I am right now as well, listening to the live concert CD of Everhard Zwart at the Organ of St. Eustache, Paris.

If I have some more time this evening I'll also listen to Andrzej Chorosinksi at the Organ of Lezajsk Basilica.