Whoozis playing quiz

Dorsetmike

Try out of a new quiz, a short extract in MP3 format (forum rules limit us to 59 seconds)

Simple, guess the performer playing the solo, may or may not include backing, if there is ignore it unless specifically asked for.

So who is this?

Attachments

• quiz1.mp3
    922 KB · Views: 15

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Try out of a new quiz, a short extract in MP3 format (forum rules limit us to 59 seconds)

Simple, guess the performer playing the solo, may or may not include backing, if there is ignore it unless specifically asked for.

So who is this?
Might it be "Brother" Jack Mcduff then, Mike?

Dorsetmike

Correct John, from the Paul Quinichette album I downloaded from Amazon. Do you want to set one?

I use a free app called Audacity to clip exerpts, it has an easy to read time scale so I can keep within the 59 seconds necessary to comply with site rules on copyright items.

Dorsetmike

OK another one, who is the piano player (any other personnel get you bonus points! Apart from the pianist I'd only heard of the bass player before hearing this, some good fodder for John's lesser known artists thread!

Attachments

• quiz2.mp3
    927.8 KB · Views: 11

OLDUDE

Mike, Sorry for not responding in time but any way I would have said I hadn't a clue how to set it up as per your starter.
I'll have to get the software and see how it goes (I can be very thick when it comes to new techniques)

Cheers John

I dont know the pianist - but hey, it could be any one of a hundred

Dorsetmike

Clue, recorded Los Angeles October 1947, with Jake Porter Tpt, Bumps Myers Tsax, Red Callender bass, Lee Young drums.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Is it Mel Powell? (if it is, then I admit I cheated a bit...)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Gonna tell us who it was, Mike, or shall we keep guessing?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Think I'll give it a go, Mike.

This one shouldn't be too hard to guess.

Attachments

• quiz3.mp3
    913.1 KB · Views: 22