A new member from Massachusetts

Gary Blanchard

Hello, all. My name is Gary Blanchard, and I am a self-taught musician and compser. I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland; I moved to West Brookfield, MA in July, 2006 so my wife could be near her family.

I play guitar, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, lap dulcimer, and other folk instruments. I also play synthesizer. In the past I have written music for theatre productions, dance programs, string quartet, and woodwind trio. I am now finishing a choral work based on the Tao te Ching, and am in the process of transcribing and arranging some of my electronic pieces for string quartet.

I look forward to being a part of this group, learning from you all, and making some connections.

Gary

Ouled Nails

Hello Gary! I am from Maine and have been visiting this wonderful site for a few months now. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Greetings Gary :wave:

Welcome to MIMF. We hope your time with us will be enjoyable, and looking forward to your participation in the discussions.

Lars

sparky

Hi Gary:tiphat: Welcome to MIMF hope you enjoy your stay and become an active member of the forums we have just finished a new album called Gloriam Dei which features many medieval folk instruments and featuring the voice of Tim Pitman together with self performed Gregorian Chants the lyrics were translated into latin by the Monks from Downside Abbey in the UK it has been quite a project and has taken 7yrs in total to get it finished now all I have to do is get it released who knows maybe another 7yrs or more still it has kept me out of mischief incidentally I bought a Dulcimer a couple of years ago when I was in Silver City Missouri cheers:cheers: Sparky
quote=Gary Blanchard;18383]Hello, all. My name is Gary Blanchard, and I am a self-taught musician and compser. I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland; I moved to West Brookfield, MA in July, 2006 so my wife could be near her family.

I play guitar, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, lap dulcimer, and other folk instruments. I also play synthesizer. In the past I have written music for theatre productions, dance programs, string quartet, and woodwind trio. I am now finishing a choral work based on the Tao te Ching, and am in the process of transcribing and arranging some of my electronic pieces for string quartet.

I look forward to being a part of this group, learning from you all, and making some connections.

Gary[/quote]

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Gary! :tiphat:

Some very interesting projects you are working with. Looking forward to see you around!

Best regards,
Frederik

Gary Blanchard

Thanks to all for the greetings. I am excited to get back into composing. The old-time music is a lot of fun, but composing allow me to express my "voice" and soul. I look forward to learning from you all. Thanks especially to Frederik Magle for the welcome and for providing a place where we can meet and share. It is so nice to be able to connect with such talented people from around the world.