best jazz artist not born in the usa

OLDUDE

Colin - Have you heard the Jimmy Deuchar track I entered onto the "music listened to today thread" on Nov 19.
He was from the great Deuchar Brewing Dynasty that existed when I was venturing forth into the beer drinking scene
bout 60 years ago and played a lot with Ronnie Scott and Tubby Hayes.

Last edited:

jazzlover

I'm a fan of a jazz singer Charmaine Clamor. She's originally from Philippines and her music is fusion of Jazz and Filipino Music.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Colin - Have you heard the Jimmy Deuchar track I entered onto the "music listened to today thread" on Nov 19.
He was from the great Deuchar Brewing Dynasty that existed when I was venturing forth into the beer drinking scene
bout 60 years ago and played a lot with Ronnie Scott and Tubby Hayes.
No I have not John can you give a link? saves me searching all over the place lol

JHC

Yeh they were my times, I just love the old stuff at least you could recognise the tune and it had that punchy beat, good stuff thanks John

JHC

I can't understand what he could be reading? the melody and chord sequence should be known by heart unless he has dementia??

JHC

John you can put all that on one post and save resources, Shearing's Birdland not only a good piano man but composer as well

OLDUDE

Colin , what happens is that I'm posting and then it gets lost (shrug).
Sometimes I recover it but often I need to start again.
So what happens?. It turns up again as a second (repeat) post.
Tell me, how can I get rid of a second post?

JHC

Colin , what happens is that I'm posting and then it gets lost (shrug).
Sometimes I recover it but often I need to start again.
So what happens?. It turns up again as a second (repeat) post.
Tell me, how can I get rid of a second post?
I get the same thing ?? I thought it was my PC but I don't have the same prob on other forums,on MIMF even the cursor freezes and sometimes disappears, now for some reason we cannot delete a post????? what I do when this happens is to erase the words and substitute with a line of dots........................ even now the cursor is freezing grrrrrrrrrrrrrr just go and make a cup of tea and come back later lol

JHC

Or Johny Hazelwood a great trad jazz drummer of the 50s no vid available that I can find.