Finally, introduction.

sunwaiter

Hi. I've been posting on various threads of this forum for some months now, but never introduced myself properly. i'm the first to be surprised about it because it's in my nature to talk and talk, among other things, about me.

so here it is: i'm thirty, i was born in paris france, but raised in a near-by suburb ( important detail ) and finally i settled in paris this very year. who knows what's next...

music took some time to let me know how important it is to me.

i began practicing guitar around my 18-19, as a hobby of course, hardly knowing i would need it physically some years after. later at age 21 when i graduated and got out of a private school of sound technique into wich my parents put quite a bit of money i realized i wasn't really interested in working with geeks that were even geeker than me, being a roadie, a frustrated and hard-living boomer or a self-satisfied sound engineer. anyway i'm not good at these kinds of job. what i realized is that i was interested in music itself, i mean, the playing. so i kept on paying guitar, in my own amateur way, which is self-tought and conscious of all the progress that's to be made.

with my pay i bought a gibson SG special. i was fed up with technique but nevertheless i used my modest knowledge to record music. when i got tired of de-tuning my guitar to get bass notes, i bought myself a bass guitar, a squier. then when i was fed up with copying and pasting drum loops and programmations of diverse utensils, i started playing drums. i mean i tried at first because, as all the people who are not "born" drummers, i knew and i still know there is always work to do to get a rythm track that doesn't sound like a frank zappa page meddled witth Pierre henry's most unhearable dorr music part.

Bu today i manage to record music with rythms, melodies and various devices of all sorts. i also like to experiment, which is the most natural thing for someone who likes sound. i developped a specialty which i hope is unique: the wah-wah toothbrush.

i love many styles of music, virtually all that on't convey stinky political message.

that's it for my little story.

i started a thread in the "fusion" forum. if you like come post, i'd be happy to answer or get acquainted with new musics or older musics that i never heard of.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi sunwaiter

Hey, better late than never ... :lol: ... nice to learn a bit about you and your interests in music.

Guess I don't have to mention that we hope you will continue to participate regularly in the various discussions . :rolleyes: . as you already have well over 200 posts [as of this date] ... Continue on course - always enjoy reading your postings here.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha sunwaiter,

Thank you for sharing a bit more about yourself. Please know that you are much welcomed aboard and I hope that your stay will be a pleasurable one.

Humbly,

Corno Dolce :):):)

greatcyber

Hello Sunwaiter,

A tardy introduction is certainly better than not having done one at all. I'm sure you know that you have been welcomed into the forums and we appreciate your interaction.

marval

Hello sunwaiter

Good to meet you at last, I am glad you felt able to just join in. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Margaret

methodistgirl

I began playing when I was twelve. Now I can play a verity of musical
instruments. I haven't mastered a set of drums but who knows? I just
might some day. Nice knowing a little more about you.
judy tooley:)