Good afternoon

Tûrwethiel

Hello

I was told about this forum by a friend and thought I would sign up and join the fun.

While I know next to nothing about playing the organ, I'm an admirer of those of you with the musical and acrobatic skills necessary to coax them into making beautiful music.

I played violin on an amateur level for many years, but no longer play. I generally favour classical music and am one of those people who simply doesn't have a favourite piece or composer. Although I am rather partial to the late Romantics.

Hopefully, this post will change my designation from "skulker". ;-)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Ah, another Sydneysider on board, about time ... welcome Turwethiel (I can't get that funny thingy above my u without pouring grief into my keyboard).

And, welcome, 'bout time you joined in the merriment!!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi, Tûrwethiel :wave:

Welcome to MIMF. As an organist of many years, I say thank :tiphat: you for admiring a talent. I've not heard the term 'acrobatic' used with the profession before, but I rather like it, so thanks too for the humor.

From Skulker to Recruit in one post ... that's the way it's done here - through great conversation with other members you too will keep advancing in rank, although it's just for fun.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha CT64,

Get yourself a MAC - it is then so easy to insert glyphs, macrons, accents and other graphic conundrums. :grin::grin::grin:

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
CT64,

I use the Character Map on my Dell PC - it's ALT + 0251 to make that "û" appear correctly.

marval

Hello Tûrwethiel

Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.

I am glad you are not a skulker anymore.

Margaret

Tûrwethiel

Thanks so much for your warm welcome.

CT64 - I can only put tricky thingies over letters by virtue of my cutting and pasting skills. Not sure that "shy cherub" is an accurate description although I do aim to get rid of any post-winter cherubic, er, physical characteristics now that we have lovely spring weather.

Krummhorn - yes this does look like an interesting and fun place to chat.

Corno Dolce - thanks for your message in another link. Would you believe my shoes are kicked off right now?

Judy - yes, I do like flowers and have some African violets, but they are pink rather than the purple in my picture.

Marval - thanks - I will try my hardest not to sink back into skulking. Or should that be slink?