Google street view

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
3D is so ancient, as a child we watched the films at the local cinema, the real answer is IMHO Holography, now that will be something to see

greatcyber

Way cool. Here's one of the building we moved to. Must have been last Fall, as the building renovation has been completed on that part. Now they are working on the opposite side (where we are). We're up on the eighth floor. The building was originally build 52 years ago by the neice of George and Ira Gershwin. Leave it to us to instinctively find a building with musical roots! :)

View Larger Map">
View Larger Map
Have a walk around the area. It is just glorious now with everything in bloom. And oh - all those mansions! Just love walking our little Pez and meeting new peeps.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...=tkMfzeqWhWdRNIhOucJ_fw&cbp=12,54.94,,0,16.07

Last edited:

marval

Yes isn't it Colin, very strange if you ask me.

Stephen why does your link take me to West Bromwich in the UK?

It doesn't look like Canada, or am I doing something wrong.

Margaret

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Yes isn't it Colin, very strange if you ask me.

Stephen why does your link take me to West Bromwich in the UK?

It doesn't look like Canada, or am I doing something wrong.

Margaret

Is that a space ship overhead, they have arrived :wave:

greatcyber

Not sure about the map link (duh?) but the link at the bottom did take me to the street view now. The mansions are on Kensington and surround streets.

greatcyber

If you take a "virtual walk around" it is truly beautiful, even in Fall when these images seem to have been taken.

greatcyber

It's so peaceful and it just "feels" so nice. Now to meet a rich old person with no family to adopt me, lol.

greatcyber

Sure Mike, be happy to, lol. I've been showing this link to everyone in my family. It's pretty amazing what you can see by scrolling in and out, dragging the pointer all over the city, into Old Montreal, just by double clicking on the streets and then looking in all directions. Fabulous technology!

Buchpteclare

Oh wow, my old stomping grounds. My grandparents lived on Ste. Catherine, near Kensington. I spent many a day in Westmount park. Many of the old homes now are owned by business concerns. Things have changed. ATB!
Rusty