Michael Jackson

rojo

(Ret)
I've listened to the free live streaming of the album twice now. Is the new album any good, you ask? Yes, it is. Not great, but good.

I sure would love to hear the originals, to see what exactly has been done to these tracks. The lead vocals on three of the tracks (Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up and Monster,) are strange, and remain a big question mark for me. Why these songs were included on the album in this dubious state leaves me baffled. The lead vocals resemble Michael's voice, but do not sound like the real thing, particularly (but not exclusively) in terms of the vibrato and diction. If there is some effect involved, it would be nice if someone would explain what that effect would be. As effects go, Hollywood Tonight uses some form of effect (autotune?) on the lead vocals, yet they are recognizable as being Michael's.

It should not sound like a different person singing than the name on the album cover. It's a shame because I think the three songs in question are actually fairly good in some respects. However, I can't really appreciate them under the circumstances. The Twilight Zone continues. Baffling.

Stand out tracks for me:

Hollywood Tonight. I'm not digging the nephew's spoken lines which are too long and trite, the incongruous chant intro, nor the whistling ending. Still, MJ's beatboxing is cool and the bass line is funky. This is a fun, danceable, Billie Jean-esque track that would make a good second single. The chorus actually resembles that of Breaking News; up a tone, then a half tone, then back down same notes.

Best of Joy. Supposedly the last track Michael worked on before his death. Beautiful ballad highlighting his spectacularly lovely voice. I hear similarities here with songs by the Beegees, giving this new song a bit of a retro feel. Punctuated by finger snaps, and decorated with flute sounds.

Behind The Mask. Crowd applause intro gives a live sensation to this funky up-tempo track. Minor chords give this song a slightly dark overall feeling.

There are other good songs on the album as well. However, none of these tracks have had as much of an impact on me as Do You Know Where Your Children Are, and Blue Gangsta. Perhaps because they were actually finished by the man...

rojo

(Ret)
Get ready...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Pow-Kvc34

Another Part of Me

We're Takin' Over
We Have The Truth
This Is The Mission
To See It Through

Don't Point Your Finger
Not Dangerous
This Is Our Planet
You're One Of Us

We're Sendin' Out
A Major Love
And This Is Our
Message To You
(Message To You)
The Planets Are Linin' Up
We're Bringin' Brighter Days
They're All In Line
Waitin' For You
Can't You See . . .?
You're Just Another Part Of Me . .

A Rather Nation
Fulfill The Truth
The Final Message
We're Bring To You
There Is No Danger
Fulfill The Truth
So Come Together
We're Mean Is You

We're Sendin' Out
A Major Love
And This Is Our
Message To You
(Message To You)
They're All In Line
Waitin' For You
So Look The Truth
You're Just Another Part Of Me . .

We're Sendin' Out
A Major Love
And This Is Our
Message To You
(Message To You)
They're All In Line
Waitin' For You
Can't You See . . .?
You're Just Another Part Of Me
Another Part Of Me . .

We're Takin' Over
This Is Our Planet, Baby
Another Part Of Me

lostprin36

There is no Musician like him ever. He is the fast & last. We all just respect him too much.
MJ is the best Musician forever................

jdeakan84

I'm agreeing with people who say that it is nearly impossible to top MJ.
It's as if from a scale of 1 to 10, it should simply be worded in terms of '1 to MJ'

I look forward to a musician that challenges MJ in terms of ability and charisma

Paulina Campton

Hello:)

I would like to know if anyone knows any artist in the genre of
Michael Jackson? - Magic, sexy, energetic popsound...?

Ofcourse I know Justin Timberlake, but anyone else?
Another forum sugested: Morten Winther. Check him out on youtube (due to nudity in the videos you have to log in.)

I liked Morten Winther's music very much, this is why I am now trying this forum. Maybe you know other artists with similar style...

Regards Pau

LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpSAyNgnSmQ&feature=g-all-u

John Watt

Please! Any discussion about Michael Jackson should include the news that defined his last years.
The news that made him move away from the United States and why he was unable to perform onstage.
And this recent posting that invites male nudity online shouldn't be surprising to the wannabe surprised.