New member from Athens

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret)
Hi Panos, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

How is using free Hauptwerk sample sets working for you? Is worth downloading at all?

I've been using Grand Orgue for quite some time now. It's a great alternative to HW. Where do you get the sample sets from? I'm currently using Stiehr Mockers and St. Stephen's Anglican samples.

Cheers.

Ho Mat ! Thanks.
As you might remember from some dicussions we were in I'm having a great time in this excellent forum ! Enjoyin' postin' discussing indepth with my friends here, starting some threads of my own , uploading my music (Area51) and some of my organ playin' and seein' imediate responce from members and get an idea of who's readin' by the number provided by the forum super adm Team. Winning the 100.000th post prize was the epitome of my happy days so far in MIMF !

I'm a pipe organ maniac, so I go hunting very often to get more and more on every aspect of the King.

HW3 is the best VPO prog there is, so far. Though nowadays GO and jOrgan have come very close in quality and expansion and they are FREE and open to evolve with as many as people as may come into !

HW 's winning still 'cause of it's terrific dedicated SETS and of it's great stability as a computer program. The pipe organ sound fidelity/quality creating by HW3 is unparallel (so far...) - Go to Budapest thread here (by Dalikeris666) and listen to my version of a Pachelbel toccata played in a set with Free version of HW3. If one is honnest to himself he nust admit that is hard to distiguish if it's a VPO playin' or a real pipe......

Mat my friend go and dowload it now. It's a gift, or great antidote as Br CD calls it, for all of us. Do not worry about 256 voice limit. Go here to my VSTi Version Thread and find some solutions I worked out and evaluate for yourself. Personaly I'm very happy with it and I enjoy playin':)

GrandOrgue.
As you may know so far I'm I great fun of "her", followin' her steps from childhood to grown up along with other members of this forum (Mike and Graham are the most frequent dudes) and so many people worldwide.
I'm tryin' with all I can to contribute to her evolution, mostly with in depth tests as a player and send my reports to this forum to the special thread (here) built for her by Graham, who's work on her is unparallel, as is his advice and trys to help anyone with a problem.
Mike also made miracles with her cosidering he;s not a player !
Jay constructed a great super console for her and got to work !

I want to see GO a great rival to HW3 from the free side of the internet and why not? Surrpassing it !

SETS. My main source is pcorgan.com (google search) - go to sample sets - go down to free/shareware ect and you will discover everything you need to know about HW. It IS worth the try.
Get the newest Romansvillier set by Graham for both HW3 & GOv2. See the diference. (GO in my system gives me 2048 voices on Mockers !).He also built a 4man English !

Jean Paul our friend member here(Musicalis), has the Pibrac Organ on his site, along with some other great things. Go pay him a visit, he deseves it, he's a great composer and player.

The Smecno Mini set is available from Sonus Paradisi as Free gift. Try it has the excellent cupola major/minor stops (GO/HW1)

The Mystic Organ has an ODF creator and two lovely sets for GO/HW1.

Have you tried jOrgan? See my thread on Cavaille'-Coll here.There are also 4 Silbermanns - amazing from P.Stratman, that I'm using recently on practicing Bach's Toccata & Fugue works. Just inspiring!

OK, went too far. Correct me some one where I got it wrong and
Mat thanks, I hope I helped and waitin' to tell me how did it go !

Have fun
Cheers
Panos:cool:

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Panos,

Glad you're having a good time here.

I listened to the Toccata from Budapest thread and it sounds great, indeed. I can offer you in return a composition of mine - fugue in d minor. I posted it almost a year ago but I'm sure you can still find this thread around the forums.

I know pcorgan.com very well. I remeber that when I first saw the pictures of all the incredible home organ posted by the users, my jaw dropped to the floor in jealousy:rolleyes:. I've just looked through the free sample sets again and found something that I think I'd like to have - Enigma set. I followed the link in order to download it, but somehow I can't do it. I just don't know where to click so I can download the set...

I've been thinking about free version of HW for a long time now, but I'm short with time lately and keep telling myslef I'll do it later. Also, I'm beginning to run out of space on my HDD...

As for jOrgan, I did install it on my PC sometime ago, but somehow couldn't get my MIDI keyboard to work with it (you can visit my thread on buying keyboeard where I had a discussion with Stephen (greatcyber)).

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Panos,

Glad you're having a good time here.

I listened to the Toccata from Budapest thread and it sounds great, indeed. I can offer you in return a composition of mine - fugue in d minor. I posted it almost a year ago but I'm sure you can still find this thread around the forums.

I know pcorgan.com very well. I remeber that when I first saw the pictures of all the incredible home organ posted by the users, my jaw dropped to the floor in jealousy:rolleyes:. I've just looked through the free sample sets again and found something that I think I'd like to have - Enigma set. I followed the link in order to download it, but somehow I can't do it. I just don't know where to click so I can download the set...

I've been thinking about free version of HW for a long time now, but I'm short with time lately and keep telling myslef I'll do it later. Also, I'm beginning to run out of space on my HDD...

As for jOrgan, I did install it on my PC sometime ago, but somehow couldn't get my MIDI keyboard to work with it (you can visit my thread on buying keyboeard where I had a discussion with Stephen (greatcyber)).

Mat thanks for reply.
I badly want a specific HW console myslf too, I saw in pcorgan:crazy:, cannot afford it.
I got Enigma wet. I like it much, also Brut-Leuchten.Something's not clear enough though with some samples. These two are composites so this must be the reason. I tried What you said. No download. Pm me to send it to you in a DVD if you like, I'll be glad to.

I strugled with jOrgan from Dec2009. No sound for months....Ah, the German programs ! They got some thinkin' of their own. I got some invaluable help from Graham and I play with more than a dozen sets this last month. There's a guide in 2 volumes witch opens the eyes and sets everything straight ! Got it three days ago and I'm extremely happy ! PM me to send it also (in pdf).:)

Now I go hunting for your fugue....

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

OK Mat ! I found your fugue. It's a very dry sample set (GO?) so I listen to it inside REAPER with SIR convolution reverb (sent your fugue inside St.Nocolae's church !) and I enjoyed very much inside it's physical environment !

Jean-Paul has it's right points as have you. Especially if you intended this F# and Gm end and of course this Am ! It makes this fugue interesting.
Baroque...? ....mmm Yes. Like a Kebbs student's work following advice with some innovations of it's own...post baroque?

Even Grand Master had problems with fugues and there are paradigms where he losted a fugue after100plus bars and used block chords to finish it !!
578 is one of my favorites, 'cause there's a great melody in this fugue, so covers any rules imperfections and becomes very enjoyable to all !
For me strong melody comes first in any composition, in any form.

If you want to add convolution to GO ask me to.
Cheers
Panos

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Back to you, Panos

As I said - it was my very first fugue, but I'm glad you found it interesting. It was played on GO, indeed (with Stiehr Mockers if I remeber correctly).

I will probably get back to jOrgan when I have a little more time, that is in July/August.

For now, I'll have to stick with GO; also, my recent atonal fugue still needs some finishing touch, so I'll have to focus on that.