Question

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Does anyone know where you can find the free sheet music for Beethovens Moonlight Sonata that is in the key of D minor...I have been looking for ages and ages, and all I could find is in C#minor...which is not what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help.
Gareth.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
How come you're looking for it in D minor?
I don't think you'll be able to find it in that key in any published version. Your best bet would be to track down a Sibelius Scorch file of it which you then might be able to transpose by yourself or something to that effect.
Good luck.
smile.gif
- The C# minor version isn't that bad at all, though there might appear to be a lot of sharps, in the 1st movement you really only need to master your C# minor cadenzas and practice your diminished chords, then it should be fairly easy to conquer.
smile.gif

Swaft

Yeah Moonlight Sonata in C# is easy to master. And like Corno said, good luck finding it in D minor.. Getting the midi files and transposing it yourself is a good idea.

rojo

(Ret)
I am also wondering why you would want to learn this piece in d minor...

I`ve seen various versions of this piece in other keys, but only as reductions and/or simplified versions for less advanced students. I`m fairly certain I`ve seen it in d minor, actually. But I`m not sure you would be interested in a simplified version...

You could also try looking for it in music catalogues that are available from music publishers, but it probably wouldn`t be free. Or maybe try free sheet music sites?

Hope this helps...
smile.gif

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Thanks everyone...now that you have said that, I might consider getting both movements done...I want the version that is as complicated as it is....(I get a feeling of being ripped off when I don't get the whole version)

Thanks for you help anyway.
cheers444.gif
Gareth

Izabella

I'm trying to master Beethovens moonlight sonata for my piano exame at coledge...and as hard as it gets..it's worth every minute of hard work
but I still got a lot to do,huh...

greetings,Izabella
wave.gif

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Thats okay.

I have had a look at the C# minor version, in my opinion the D minor version sounds much better.