What classical music did you listen to today?

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Mat - there's a certain joy about Chopin's music, eh? Love it a lot. I'm contemplating purchasing the "complete Chopin" Box CD set ... but it's a little pricey.

I was listening to a sublime recording of Beethoven's Choral Symphony with the Orchestra of the Champs Elysee and Herreweghe, it's a top notch performance on period instruments. I really like it, because there's a section where the second violins and violas have some murderously difficult semiquaver passages (16th notes) and they always get swamped in recordings ... not this one ... nor do the hysterical d major scales he makes them do (with the flutes and piccolo).

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Yes, there's something really special in his music. He's my personal favorite. What rendition of the music do you have? Right now I'm listening to piano concert in e minor.

Hey, did you know that the Japanese created a game where the main character is Chopin? Apparently, he uses a conductor's baton to fight with his enemies. LOL.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin - Piano concert in f minor

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin - Nocturne in c sharp minor (doesn't cis-moll sound better?)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
How many volumes are there? ;)

Moritz Moszkowski - Etudes

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Depends on which edition your playing from ... I've got the complete Cantatas on the "big Blue Box" aka complete Bach edition. All on period instruments and all quite good. I wish I could afford to buy the deliciously photographed and bejewelled ones by Eliot Gardiner ... but I can't.