what is your latest cd purchase?

gord

this week i bought, james carter quartet-jurassic classics cd
lucky thompson quintet-dancing sunbeam 2lps
carmen mcrae-dave brubeck--take five, live lp
found these in the used bin at a local shop, all three are excellent. gord

gord

in a garage sale on saturday,i found a vinyl album. it is a soundtrack from a british movie called, all night long, i dont know much about this film except it is a thriller and it has some terrific jazz from charles mingus,dave brubeck,tubby hayes and a bunch of british jazz musicians.in the same sale i also got, ahmad jamal-the roar of the greasepaint the smell of the crowd-chess lp and the new don ellis band goes underground columbia lp. payed a buck each,what a bargain. gord

OLDUDE

Downloaded from Amazon - Jimmy Deuchar Essential Jazz Masters (Including plenty of Tubby Hayes)

gord

today is black friday in the u.s.a.,so i headed over the border into the city of buffalo ny in search of some cd bargains. i bought four cds for about 20 bucks.
joe henderson-so near,so far (musings for miles)-verve
joe williams-live at orchestra hall detroit with count basie orch directed by frank foster-telarc
bill evans trio-portrait in jazz- riverside
john coltrane-coltranes sound-atlantic. finally i can throw out my scratchy old lp. gord

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
@gord You have black Friday on the 25th ?? we only have a black Friday if it falls on the 13th of the month

gord

hi colin, black friday in america is the big shopping day.all the stores drop their prices and there are incredable bargains to be found. the result of this is there are too many people shopping at the same time. this leads to arguements and fights, with the whole thing often turning into some crazy circus.thousands of canadians go over the border, and i saw some people on tv who had come over from england to shop.if you tap in black friday u.s.a. on your computer there are plenty of videos you can watch. this will show you just what goes on.gord

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I see what you mean gord, not the same as ours which means if anything bad can happen this is the day it will. (any Fri 13th)

gord

harry edison sextet--sweets-verve (cd) beautiful swinging mainstream jazz produced by norman granz, recorded 1956, with ben webster,barney kessel and jimmy rowles. gord

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Just bought (iTunes) Olivier Messiaen's "Visions of the Beyond" (a most wonderful piece of orchestral music). Play by the Polish National Radio Orchestra Katowice. Mat, you reading this? Fabulous live recording. Love the contrabass clarinet in the 7th movement (seismic).

French title is Éclairs sur l'au-delà

OLDUDE

Hi C64,
I enjoy a lot of Classical music, BUT it sure isn't jazz
No offense intended.
Cheers John