What music are you listening to?

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Don Henley--Actual Miles: Henley's Greatest Hits. Golden, the whole album! :alc:This man definitely has a lot of relevant things to say, and the right voice in which to say them.

teddy

Duckmeister
Lazy day. Very sleepy. Don't know if it is the illness or the 84 radio active inserts they shoved up my ****.
Dreaming of my miss spent youth. Lazy Sunday afternoons with a pile of LPs,,,,, and some Golden Brown

teddy

http://youtu.be/d7R7q1lSZfs

Brandon

I'm listening to Akira Ifukube's score from "Sakuma Dam Part 2" (1955).
It is part of a compilation CD that also has music from "Sakuma Dam Part 1" (1954), "Sakuma Dam Part 3" (1957), "Baluchaung Project" (1960), "Tenryu River" (1952), "Hokkaido" (1955), and "Disaster - The Mount Tanigawa Records" (1957). All of the music is composed by Akira Ifukube.

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
The man can do very little wrong Steve.

Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat

Supertramp _ Crime of the Century and alsol Breakfast In America

All on vinyl

teddy

John Watt

teddy! Some things need photos or a video to be seen and understood.

Life is where it was, for my musical listening. I loved Sade's "Diamond Life" and Lisa Stansfield"s "Affection",
two cassettes I've been listening to since they came out, the only music from back then other than Jimi Hendrix,
and I listen to Sade and Lisa Stansfield while Jimi is now a souvenir, sometimes.
This isn't my jazz or classical category, listened to far more.
I haven't had Diamond Life for over five years, not finding a good used cassette.
I wore my third Lisa Stansfield cassette out last summer, but,
lo, and hi, behold, I found a Lisa Stansfield CD in the Salvation Army in new condition. Nice!
Female dance music with attitude and a humanitarian message? Ah, my favorite kind.
ATTENTION, affectionists, No sexist or abusive memories were accessed during this typing. None are allowed.

Last edited:

John Watt

teddy! You're right. I keep calling it Diamond Life, and I have that cassette.
But "Smooth Operator" is what I meant. I just tossed Diamond Life this morning, getting too wobbly all the way.

I was listening to my Dollarama CD of peaceful classics, the three "Les Gymnopiedes", Moonlight Sonata,
lots of others, two discs, with wave and shore sounds mixed in, even during the pieces, and it's done nice.
Yes, a Canadian product designed to beat copyright laws.
It's not nice that they don't name who recorded the various pieces.

John Watt

I hear a deep interaction between her musicians, smooth for sure, talking Sade.
Eartha Kitt is a different singer. I wasn't sure what to think, seeing her on TV a lot when I was young.
She's more of an entertainer, even getting a role on Batman.

I'm accessing online through a system that a governmental business owns,
and they've got satellite radio on, playing pop hits and some oldies.
I'm humming "Love to love you baby" by Donna Summer, to myself.

teddy

Duckmeister
Just caught Thunderclap Newmans IN THE AIR. Went on to listen to The Who. Ahhh my youth.

teddy

bob32116

I'm not listening right this minute, but earlier I was listening to podcast from a local community radio station of a weekly show called "The Golden Apples of the Sun". The quality varies, but this week's selection was particularly good. \

http://rtrfm.com.au/shows/goldenapples/

There is a gorgeous song by Julie Covington, who is probably remembered only for singing Don't Cry For me Argentina.

John Watt

I had an interesting visit with a new friend tonight, saying he was Hungarian.

He put on some videos of a Hungarian trio, bass and drums, with that big, table-top sized stringed instrument,
not played with mallets, but with sticks with knobbed ends.
I liked the tone far better than a harpsichord.

Talking about my Scottish background got my new friend talking about his,
saying he was really Magyar, a race with an ancient history.
When Sumerian writings were discovered, they were the oldest known writings of the Mediterranean,
and no-one could translate them, a unique language with no local variations.
But when a Magyar tourist saw them, he could read them right away.
I'm usually very good with age and nationality, and thought he was forty or so.
He was sixty-two, a year younger than me.
Three masters degress in mathematics, being a former stock-broker in Toronto,
playing guitar and keyboards without lessons, sounding good and nice to jam with.
He moved to Welland to live with his mother while she was dying,
and probably will be moving back.

I like the words to The Song of Hungary.