What musical instruments do you have?

Telex

The site pluckedstringedinstruments.com will show you my collection. The only things not posted are my 2005 Fender Precision Bass, 2005 Indiana Mandolin and 1991 Gibson Les Paul. Typically, I think I will keep it to acoustic instruments only, but I may change my mind later. I'll have a pic up of the Ecuadorian Bandolin as soon as I get some work done on it.

jvhldb

2 transistor organs
piano
Casio keyboard
Panpipes
Concert flute
C, D, Bb Tin whistles
C, D, G, Bb Flutes (they are similar to the Irish flute but made from aluminium insteas of wood)
drumkit
h
Harmonica

musicchambernet

I have many musical instruments almost all kind of, which you may need. You must be thinking that what are you doing with all those? I have music school and musical instruments showroom known as Music chamber.

HillarySalas

I've recently bought a ukulele but I think I chose the wrong brand cause the sound is crappy. It was cheap though so I'm not surprised. I'm now looking for a better one, any suggestions? Yeah, I play tenor. Thanks!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I think the ones made from wood (not laminate or ply) are better sounding. The best ones are made from mahogany from what I have read about.

Good ones will run a hundred or so (USD) and up to several thousand dollars.

I wasn't aware that there were alto, tenor or baritone Ukes until I looked that up ... the things we learn in our senior years - well, at least in my senior years anyway :lol:.
Kh ♫

Nikam

In response to the initial question, far too many!

digital 2 manual organ
digital piano
harp
2 piano accordions
2 clarinets
3 recorders
guitar
small psaltery
old melodeon (squeezebox)
glockenspiel
penny whistle
ocarina

Perhaps it's time to advertise on ebay. :crazy:

Last edited:

BillyAElzy

Who wants to....

hmm I have:
1Yamaha DGX 640 88 Key Digital Piano - Walnut
2 Digital Piano - Cherry
a couple of midi soundmodules and a Roland midi piano.
3 Mid-Level Piaggero Ultra-Portable Digital Piano
4Digital Piano - With Bench *Home Bundle*
5Solid top Acoustic Guitar:D
6Classical Guitar
7Electric Guitar

yeah... I think that's it... what I can remember anyway... :D

trombettista

--instrument list--
Keilwerth SX-90R tenor saxophone
Conn 6M alto saxophone
Selmer MkVI tenor saxophone
Yamaha YBS-62 baritone saxophone
Bach 181 cornet
Besson BE2028 cornet
Courtois 154 flugelhorn
Kanstul 991 trumpet
Holton 47 trumpet
King 3B trombone
Nord Electro 5 HP piano
Hammond SK1 organ
Yamaha MX-49 keyboard synth bass
Fender Danny Gatton Tele guitar
Gibson ES-335 guitar
Gibson Les Paul guitar
Gretsch 6120 guitar
Zildjian K/Z Special 13" hats
Zildjian K Constantinople 20" medium ride
A Zildjian 17" rock crash
Gretsch Bell Brass 14 x 6½" snare
Ludwig Legacy Maple 13 X 9" tom
Ludwig Legacy Maple 16 X 16" floor tom
Ludwig Legacy Maple 22 X 16"bass

I've got my kid's entire jump blues band in the basement.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I think it means what instruments do you play, and #6 wow I have never seen a 5HP piano but I did have a 998cc motor bike :grin:

millions

I have a Paul Reed Smith solid body, two cheap Fender Squire Strats, an American Strat, 2 Ibanez Artcore jazz hollow body electrics, a Parker, and various others. I have 5 violins, 1 viola, and a cheap cello I got for sixty dollars. A Yamaha P-90 electric 88-key piano, various MIDI modules. Two flutes, a penny whistle, harmonicas, and a glockenspiel. And a Moog Theremin.

JHC

[FONT=&quot]Do you collect instruments and do you play any of those that you have I suspect you play Guitar :grin:[/FONT]

millions

Do you collect instruments and do you play any of those that you have I suspect you play Guitar :grin:

It sounds like I collect 'em!

I do play guitar as my main instrument, and piano as my secondary instrument.

On piano, I mainly do accompaniment for my singing of songs, mostly Beatles tunes, etc.

I can play Bach's Prelude No. 1 in C Maj (you know, the Ave Maria), a Beethoven Bagatelle in G minor, and a Chopin E minor Prelude.

The rest of it is just figuring things out by ear, and singing. I'm good enough to do a solo gig on piano, tho I never have.

The guitar is where most of my experience lies: in country, rock, blues and jazz. I'd love to play jazz with somebody. The other stuff is getting' kind of old.

I do play some tunes on penny whistle, and flute. That penny whistle sound great thru a mike with a little reverb...

I do play a little banjo, but I pawned my last one.

The violin, or fiddle is something I'm working on. I am not very good. I want to play fiddle tunes.

I got the cello and viola so I could have my own string quartet. I'm going to record an experimental "string quartet" sometime.

I do have an interest in audio & recording. I'm using a Mac with LOGIC, the music & notation program.

I'm a music theory freak, too. Any text on theory, I want it. Especially about modern music.

Last edited:

JHC

The guitar is where most of my experience lies: in country, rock, blues and jazz. I'd love to play jazz with somebody. The other stuff is getting' kind of old.
What kind of jazz do you play? Making music with other musicians is what it is all about for me so much better than playing by yourself.

millions

What kind of jazz do you play? Making music with other musicians is what it is all about for me so much better than playing by yourself.

There's two sides to that coin: other people can ruin music for me, as well.

As I get older, I have less tolerance for idiots who think they can play harmonica.

The best music is produced by personality chemistry. That's 90% of it.

Right now, I'm playing along with Hal Leonard CDs. That's a good way to practice.

I'm also doing solo things. Solo arrangements of standards, like Tenderly and All the Things You are.

Yes, we all know as human beings that it's best to be socially engaged; but it's also OK to be away from all that, or with just one person.

JHC

I suppose we are all different but the best times for me was playing trad jazz in the 50s a seven piece line up ‘piano, double bass, drums, banjo/guitar, trumpet, trombone and clarinet.
Also just a trio Piano, Bass and drums this was in clubs and hotels etc, what I was not so fond of was playing in dance bands where you were playing from music scores and it included a lot of pop tunes of the day but it paid well.
I always enjoyed practice but only did about 1hr a day and only just managed to do the tasks that had been set by my teacher so perhaps that explains why I never really progressed to higher things.
"Tenderly" and "All the things you are" both wonderful tunes a lot of the musicals and even tin pan ally produced some simple but everlasting classics you are choosing well.

I forgot to ask in ref to your comment "
I got the cello and viola so I could have my own string quartet. I'm going to record an experimental "string quartet" sometime" I assume that you will be playing each instrument and laying one recorded track at a time on top of previous track, this reminds me of when I was learning flute, all I had was a tape recorder but it worked for what I wanted which was to play a flute duo, I would would record 1st flute with a verbal count in such as one two three and then play back and take the 2nd flute part, I realise your project will be much more complicated but it would be good to hear it when finished.

Last edited:

millions

I suppose we are all different but the best times for me was playing trad jazz in the 50s a seven piece line up ‘piano, double bass, drums, banjo/guitar, trumpet, trombone and clarinet.
Also just a trio Piano, Bass and drums this was in clubs and hotels etc, what I was not so fond of was playing in dance bands where you were playing from music scores and it included a lot of pop tunes of the day but it paid well.
I always enjoyed practice but only did about 1hr a day and only just managed to do the tasks that had been set by my teacher so perhaps that explains why I never really progressed to higher things.
"Tenderly" and "All the things you are" both wonderful tunes a lot of the musicals and even tin pan ally produced some simple but everlasting classics you are choosing well.

I forgot to ask in ref to your comment "
I got the cello and viola so I could have my own string quartet. I'm going to record an experimental "string quartet" sometime" I assume that you will be playing each instrument and laying one recorded track at a time on top of previous track, this reminds me of when I was learning flute, all I had was a tape recorder but it worked for what I wanted which was to play a flute duo, I would would record 1st flute with a verbal count in such as one two three and then play back and take the 2nd flute part, I realise your project will be much more complicated but it would be good to hear it when finished.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get together with some good players.

My "string quartet" is probably going to be more random and experimental than skillful. Still, it might be fun to try to make it a real musical thing.

Yes, my mother used to play all those songs on piano. She was good. That's where I got all of that jazz stuff from, only I heard it in the original song form, probably like most of the real jazz players heard it, too, since those were the popular hits of their youth.