hello every body

ekpees

cansome out there tell me a method of pedalling a pipe crgan without looking at the pedals. is there a soft ware or any device that can convert a musical stave to tonic solfa if yes where can i get it. thanks

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi ekpees ... Welcome aboard to this forum.

Learning where the pedal notes are simply takes practice. My organ teacher taught me a simple positioning rule: the left foot is placed between A# & C# - the right between D# & F#, and the angle of the calf from the knee downward should be as close to 45 degrees as possible.
Always positioning oneself the same way each time at the console, the location of each pedal note is then learned by association or by 'feel'. There is a book entitled The Method of Organ Playing by Harold Gleason. The current cost (8th Edition) is rather pricey at $126.00 USD.
I have the 4th Edition, which I bought for $7.75 USD in 1960 :crazy:

As for your other question, I leave that to the other members that are more qualified than I on that subject.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, ekspees! :tiphat:

Krummhorn has already answered your first question, and unfortunately I don't know the answer to the second. However, I hope you will have a good time here and hope to see you again.

Kind regards,
Frederik