How do...

Cobalt

Before diving in at the deep end I thought I would stop by here and tell you a little about myself as so many of you seem to have already done.

My name is John, I live in the UK and currently work as an Internet Sales Administrator. My main passion is playing guitar, which I have now done for around three years. Admittedly I'm not quite a Joe Pass nor an Eric Clapton, but I hope to join a band in the near future and perhaps progress to playing for an audience.

Much of my influence stems from blues musicians, though I also have a distinct taste for progressive rock/synth pop. However, upon digging deeper into music theory I learnt to appreciate the beauty of classical music, and although I don't know as much as I would like to, I hope that I will learn much from forums and sites such as this one.

Aside from my musics, I enjoy developing websites and web-based applications, playing cricket and reading, though unfortunately work dictates that I no longer get time to do as much of this as I would like to.

Anyway, that is probably enough for now, so all that remains for me to say is hello to you all and I look forward to seeing you all around the boards.

John

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Greetings John :wave:

Welcome aboard to MIMF - hope your stay with us will be enjoyable and informative.

Lars

Ouled Nails

Hello John. I am a fan of Latin American classical guitar music and perhaps we can get some post going one day that will "subvert" some of the categorical distinctions between classical and other genres, to focus on great acoustic guitar playing. (a little bit subversive anyway!)

Cobalt

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I'm not particularly familiar with Latin American classical music, so if you have any recommended listening I'd be very interested. Being a guitarist I have a real appreciation for most if not all guitar-based music, so feel free to name me one or two artists to source out and I'll let you know what I think - no doubt it'll make me want to hang up my guitar, but then again so do so many of my favoured artists - particularly guys who can turn their hand to almost anything (Tommy Emanuel for instance - not to everybody's tastes but you can't deny he is a superb guitar player)

rojo

(Ret)
Hi there John :)

You guys talking about tangos and such?

I like Jose Feliciano playing Malaguena. :grin:

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, John! :tiphat:

I hope you will have a splendid time here in this melting pot of musical genre.

Best regards :)
Frederik

sparky

How do... Reply to Thread

Hi John
welcome :tiphat: :guitar: I also live in the UK have a look at my web site www.timpitman.com and follow the link to Mike Martin, Mike often plays with us at classical gigs there are plenty of down loads on the site of Mike playing both standards and self penned guitar tracks it makes really good listening Hope you enjoy the forum if you live anywhere near Somerset you are welcome to join us when we have musical get togethers at our local:cheers: you can contact us through the web site.