Hello, ladies and gentlemen

jonmyrlebailey

I am a fan of the works of Bach, Handel and Wagner. E. Power Biggs and Anthony Newman are the greatest organists ever (in my time). Sadly, some of their recordings are not now available in print on CD format. I long for the following on CD format (even if they are copied from very good vinyl records or tapes):

1. Columbia Records, 1975, Anthony Newman, Organ Orgy, A Wagner Organ Spectacular

2. Columbia Records, 1966, E. Power Biggs, Bach: 6 Trio Sontas + Concerto in G Major (the Grave is the correct E-minor) after Johann Ernst and Concerto in G Minor after Anthony Vivaldi: Vol. s I and II: Pedal Harpsichord

3. Columbia Records, 1974??, E. Power Biggs, Bach: Trio Sonatas No. 4 and 5 plus the 2 concertos noted in Number 2 above : Organ : this was issued in an 8-track version in the 1970's

[email protected]

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi jonmyrlebailey,

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums. Glad to have you as part of this community music forum.

Indeed, I also long for those recordings of Biggs and Newman on CD. I have a good many of Biggs' LP's and hope to, in coming years, convert those into digital format for burning onto CD. I don't yet have the equipment nor the time to embark on such an endeavor.

Are you an organist yourself or just a listener of great organ artists and their music?