Allow me to introduce myself....

Ryan Peplinski

Hi everyone, I'm from Canada, I play and teach Piano and Alto Sax. How do you tell if anyone is online? I've read some posts, and it seems that the people here are really cool!

Talk to you soon.

-Ryan

PS. Does anyone here listen to any Japanese Rock Music?

my homepage for more info and pictures
smile.gif

http://www.ryanpeplinski.com/music

Lotus80

Commodore of Water Music
Welcome to MIMF, Ryan
laugh.gif

Seems like you have lots of fun already...
wink.gif

Cheers, Lotus80
cheers444.gif

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more
Hi Ryan
Welcome to MIMF
tiphat.gif

Hope to see you around
grin.gif

Jette

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to this mirror maze Ryan
tiphat.gif
grin.gif

Yeah, you can reply to yourself (though you might want to take a look at the posting guidelines first...
wink.gif
)

Hope you'll have a great time here!

Cheers
cheers444.gif

Frederik

sashdudelly

i used to listen to Japanese Rock Music. i think it was just one band though. it was a while ago. my friend sent me a few songs and such. they weren't considered one of my favorites mainly 'cause i couldn't understand them.

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hi Ryan,

Welcome
smile.gif

I know an artist called Ayumi Hamasaki but I don't know if she is actually japanese or chinese and maybe its more in the pop-genre... you tell me
wink.gif

Hope to see you around...

Ryan Peplinski

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for warm welcome everyone!

Hi Rune,

Ayumi Hamasaki (Japanese), is cool. Have you ever heard of Gackt? He's one of my favourite Musicians. Gackt's a multitalented instrumentalist (Japanese): piano, guitar, drums, brass instruments, and voice (the best voice I've ever heard, he also has an incredible vocal range). Gackt writes his owns tunes (which I think is fantastic). Check him out let me know what you think!

****I should put a picture up here soon!

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Re: Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi Rune,

Ayumi Hamasaki (Japanese), is cool. Have you ever heard of Gackt? He's one of my favourite Musicians. Gackt's a multitalented instrumentalist (Japanese): piano, guitar, drums, brass instruments, and voice (the best voice I've ever heard, he also has an incredible vocal range). Gackt writes his owns tunes (which I think is fantastic). Check him out let me know what you think!

Hi Ryan, sorry, never heard about Gackt before... but I will surely try to find some of his music to preview. It is always nice to listen to new music.

Thanks for the tip!

Ghost Note

Re: Thanks for the warm welcome!

I listen to a lot of Japanese music, being a great fan of Japanese culture. Mostly Siam Shade, which is j-rock, but also more composed music from Jo Hisaishi(with studio Ghibli) to Nobuo Uematsu(Final Fantasy game series). I get tons of Japanese thrown at me from my sister who watches more Anime than me. What strikes as interesting when comparing Japanese mainstream music to "Western mainstream, is that they use more coloured chords than we do. They also have another way of looking at music which makes it new and exciting to listen to.

Best Regards
Patrik Jarlestam

Ryan Peplinski

Japanese Music

Patrik,

I totally agree with you! Their chords are a lot more colourful - their meldoies are quite unique too. Have you heard of Ryuichi Sakamoto? check out his Back to the Basics CD - solo piano (check out his song Reverse.
wink.gif

Ryan Peplinski

Rune!

Rune,

I checked out your webpage and listened to your song - IT'S AWESOME. I love the dissonance in your chords! Do you listen to any Michael Nyman (sp?)

do you have the sheet music for that song ( no memories of B....)?

-Ryan

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Re: Rune!

Rune,

I checked out your webpage and listened to your song - IT'S AWESOME. I love the dissonance in your chords! Do you listen to any Michael Nyman (sp?)

do you have the sheet music for that song ( no memories of B....)?

-Ryan

Thanks alot, Ryan
smile.gif

I know the name Michael Nyman (british composer, if I remeber correctly) but I have never listened to any of his music.

I don't have the song as sheet music at the moment but I can send you the MIDI file if you want it?? Feel free to send me a message, either via this site or through Messenger ([email protected]).

Best regards

Ryan Peplinski

Hi Trebbein

Thanks so much, it's great to hear from you
laugh.gif
What type of music do you listen too? Do you play any instruments, or Compose? Your from Sweden, that's cool, what's life like there? Talk to you soon.

-Ryan