California

Dave Karoly

I came here via Google looking for a recording of JS Bach's Toccata & Fuge in D Minor and found it. Mostly just wanted to post it on my favorite message forum (http://www.rpls.com).

I admire those that can play music, I certainly can't.

Cool Jazz
Swing
Blues

Daughter 1 sang in her Girl's (I'm sorry "young women's" ;-) ) HS Chamber Choir (they are very good). No more HS, onto College for her, Musical Theater.

Daughter 2 plays 2nd Trumpet (and most of the solos) in her HS's Jazz Band (a large band). Different HS.

when I was a kid I was something of a Classical buff, still occasionally put some on.

Dixieland Jazz Jubilee is this weekend in Old Sacramento.

Funny story (to me anyway). One day I walk into the room, Daughter 2 has a Mancini CD playing. No big thing I guess but I was really into Mancini when I was in HS (I was weird, no self-respecting late-1970s HSer would admit to liking Mancini). I said so, must be genetic. She really likes him, I don't personally own any Mancini. Daughter 1 likes this guy Buble that sounds exactly like Frank Sinatra, it's uncanny. Daughter 1 is mainly a "Grobanite" though. Some of you will know what that is.

"Why honey, I like both KAWNDS of music, COUNTRY AND WESTERN!!!" -from the Blues Brothers.

Last edited:

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Hello and welcome to MIMF, I really hope you enjoy your time here and find what you are looking for.

Stick around and you will learn something.

Cheers
Gareth.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Dave,

Welcome to MIMF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

:cheers:
Thomas