Classical Music that Cheers You Up.

Ella Beck

It's Monday - not too bad for me now I'm retired, but a bit of a downer for anyone stuck in a job they don't like.

But there are a few things getting me down right now - like not being able to sell our house in the current political slump in the UK.

This thread is for classical music that brings a smile or makes you feel cheerier.

Enjoy! :)

Ella Beck

John Adams - Short Ride on a Fast Machine - City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra conducted by Simon Rattle -

Ella Beck

Buster - Fearful Symmetries - John Adams. It's just brilliant, the way the music interacts with film of Buster Keaton.

Ella Beck

Lully is one of my favourite composers. Here's one of his dainty but spirited 'airs des espagnols', performed by Jordi Savall.

Ella Beck

This dainty guitar piece, The Little Musical Box, always leaves me feeling serene.

Isn't it beautiful, the way the guitar imitates the music box? Such fun.

[h=1]The little musical Box, composed by FranciscoTarrega - the guitarist is William Gomez, and the video comes from an old Decca recording. [/h]

Ella Beck

A sprightly Handel Allegro to cheer you on your way to Christmas.

[h=1]Violin Sonata in D, HWV 371 - 2. Allegro[/h]Violinist - Andrew Manze; continuo - Richard Egar.