Viper

Hi Everyone,

I am still in the 'introduction' mode... But have been checking out the threads. VERY COOL!!

I'd love to hear feedback on the soundfiles on my site:
www.cyndeeleerule.com

I play a 5 string electric violin called a Viper and it's my babyyyyyyyyy!! Hope you will enjoy the files.

Nice to meet everyone, too!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cyndee

chasw

Nice work, Cyndee. I'm automatically attracted to anyone who mixes acoustic instruments and electronica. Your violin playing is very impressive. "Putting the Rip in Strip" is esp pleasing. Keep em coming - CW
:cool:

Thank you so much CW. I just saw this post right now.. haven't been as active on this site as I should be! HA! I am kinda busy with more recording and some collabs.

I am glad you like what you heard on my site! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen..
Cyndee

I have still been very busy with recording, gigs and collabs! So... I have added Viper to one of Chris Fournier's songs, "One More Trip", which can be heard on my Soundclick site: www.soundclick.com/cyndeeleerule

Chris is an AMAZING prog-rock musician/composer and I am very excited to be working with him!!

Please let me know what you think of the tune!!
Cyndee

Torsten Brandes

Hi Cyndee,

first off, I'm basing my impressions on how the song opens the room. There is personality emerging in your music. I really like the rhythmic drive, but after 15 or 20 seconds I start to expect more. At around 25 sec.(where the high d comes in) I can feel a stress with the harmonies and the timing between synth. and violin. (Is it violin?). Also, for me there is far too much reverb, the harmonies don´t really develop, which makes the music very simple. Then I feel that there is too much domination of the syntheziser and because of the unballanced reverb, unisono lines don´t sound really together. It seems to me that instead of restating it without alteration so many times, you might could have developed it more. I lost interest in the piece after a minute or so although the guitar solo and the kind of deminuendo and decescendo is very nice, and did not regain it until around 2 min. when your violin solo kicked in. And even there it dosen´t sound very clear. I love the challange to the effected guitar at around 2:50 min. Then it fades out with this windy sound. I am not incredibly qualified to critique and english is also not my main language. So please just take this from some person who just noticed your music and your want of a reply. I really liked your music but I thought that behind all the electronic stuff hides a person who has much more to say than this.

With kind regards,

Torsten Brandes

Thank you for listening. Did you listen to any of the other soundfiles as well? :) Maybe Telekinetigram would interest you a bit more. (my composition).

Again thank you for your interest.

MusicPearl

Hey,
Nice music in there. I kind of like Weekend Affair, didnt had the time to listen to everything but will do so