what is your latest cd purchase?

gord

just back from a trip to the uk, with a bundle of cds (43) mainly hardbop. 5 mccoy tyner,4 coltrane and some other big names.that i will be playing in the next weeks.gord

Dorsetmike

A box of CD R's and a Sony mini hifi (present for a friend) in the Comet closing down sale, only been going since about Friday or Saturday but quite a few empty shelves already. Discounts mostly between 10% and 30%. Should have gone sooner they had Bosch compact dishwasher 30% off, the big one we have now takes about 4 or 5 days worth of plates, pots and pams.

gord

just ordered from dusty grooves mail order
mccoy tyner-plays ellington-impulse
thelonious monk-monks dream-columbia
hope they arrive soon

ericwood992

Just received from Amazon Marketplace and am listening to a new recording of an LP I bought in 1960 - Tonight Only! by Dave Brubeck Quartet with a young Carmen McRae singing alternate numbers - it's fabulous!!!! The CD includes five extra tracks which were recorded at the time of the LP but not included. A really beautiful CD!!!

gord

just bought from dusty groove. john coltrane-the turning point-bethlehem cd
dollar brand-blues for a hip king-kaz cd

OLDUDE

My latest download is "Bobby Hackett Sextet and Quintet" which involves Bob Wilber, Urbie Green and Vic Dickenson

OLDUDE

Popped into Newcastle (-upon-Tyne) on Friday and as my wife feared, came back with
three new Jazz CDs.
1. Lee Morgan - Midnight Blues
2. Ruby Braff - 3 Classic Albums plus (double disc)
3. Gerry Mulligan - Four Classic Albums (double disc)
There is a lot of listening here to-be-sure.

OLDUDE

Just received my latest CD via post
"Ballard Essentials" by Scott Hamilton - beautiful relaxed tenor music

OLDUDE

Two from a Charity Shop at £0.99 each
1) "Menuhin and Grappelli plus Gershwin"
2. Louis Armstrong "Pennies from Heaven"

jazznut

I just got Wayne Shorter's new CD called "Without a Net"
How time flies, he's 80 years old now. Anyway, Brian Blade on drums, Danilo Perez on Piano, John Patitucci on bass, and Wayne.
Should be a treat.