2010 Winter Olympics - Vancouver

rojo

(Ret)
Anyone watching?

I'll probably tune in here and there, and catch some highlights. I enjoy seeing the best of the best athletes at the top of their game. These are some very dedicated individuals.

It may be somewhat unfair that some countries have more money to fund athletes, and that some countries have a larger population to pool from. Still, there are many inspirational stories, and these issues should not detract from what is, generally, a good thing, I think.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I must admit that I enjoy watching the Winter Olympic events over the Summer events. The winter games seem to require more athletic prowess given the extra clothing that must be worn during competition.

To keep abreast of the awards, the medal standings, is continually updated.

wljmrbill

I always enjoy the figure skating competition mostly as well as skiing events. Is to bad it is not as cold as it should be for the events.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Those skating pairs were terrific ... even with the little pratfalls that happen from time to time.

Congratulations to Canada for its Gold medal in the mens Mogul :up:.

Chi_townPhilly

Sr. Regulator
Sr. Regulator
Might not be the place for this rant, but...

can anyone tell me WHY there are style points in ski-jumping & ski-flying??:confused:

Did you jump the furthest, or didn't you?!:mad:

O.K.: there probably should be some penalty for landing on your butt, and possibly a bigger one for landing on your face- but why should there even be a CHANCE that the standings could be decided on the quality of one's "telemark landing??":rolleyes:

Fortunately, the first Gold Medalist on the hill was ALSO the one who jumped the furthest.:clap:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Chi town, it's a good question but I'm not certain about any answer to that as I live for the day a skiier or ice skater lands on their toosh or face ... (without major injury)

rojo

(Ret)
I watched the Chinese pair win the gold medal for figure skating. They've been competing for quite some time now. Nice that they finally win it.

rojo

(Ret)
Ok, it might be un-Canadian for me to gloat, but...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Canada wins the gold in Men's Hockey!!

Amazing overtime goal by Crosby. Great game. US had a great team too.

marval

Go on Rojo have a good gloat, we did at least win a gold in the women's Skeleton. I did enjoy watching the curling, anybody see the Norwegian men's trousers? very stylish lol. Just very sad that the Luge slider died, apart from that a good Olympic games.

rojo

(Ret)
Thanks CT64 and marval. :grin:

Yes, I saw the trousers. Very stylish indeed. lol

I enjoyed these Olympics winter games a lot. I guess it's now London's turn, with the summer games in 2012.

marval

I hope we can do as good a job hosting the games. These winter Olympics were very well done, I enjoyed watching them.

Margaret

OLDUDE

What really impressed me, and I cant recall the name, is when they raced downhill, over bumps, on snowboards.
it was really scary but so exciting.
Cheers John