Show and tell time ...

greatcyber

That's so cool! I'd love an experience like that. It was a little unsettling when the bloke said, "he can go from kitten to killer in about 5 seconds."

I think I'd still try if I had the opportunity. Like a big one of our kitties:)

greatcyber

lol. On the news a few days ago it was reported that a truck and a trailor from an Ontario zoo were stolen within a 15 minute window when the driver was not with the vehicle. The trailor had 2 giraffes and a caged tiger in it. After an anonymous tip all were recovered yesterday and the animals were checked by a vet and other than being hungry and a little dehydrated, everything is fine. As long as you consider animals in containment fine.

teddy

Duckmeister
If you're attacked by a lion
Find fresh underpants to try on
Lay on the ground quite still
Pretend you are quite ill
Keep like that day after day
Perhaps the lion will go away

Spike Milligan

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
I live quite close to the famous Howletts zoo where John Aspinal bred gorillas and Siberian tigers and frequently went into their cages to play with them. I have seen him siting in with the gorillas sharing a bunch of bananas. Quite a sight. Unfortunately two keepers were killed by tigers who jumped from the holding pens while their compounds were being cleaned. A thirteen foot fence seperated them but was not sufficient to keep them out. John died some while ago and I am not aware of any keeper participation since them. The animals were some of if not the first to be bred in captivaty for release back into the wild and John was known for his genuine love and regard for all the animals in his care. Worth a visit if you are ever in Kent.

teddy

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I really hate zoos, especially ones with concrete enclosures. The only zoo in my neck of the woods I visit is the Western Plains Zoo (about 4.5 hours due west of Sydney). Minimal use of cages and huge open areas with moats to keep the critters in. Taronga Park Zoo (in Sydney) is a place I rarely visit as some of the animals are caged.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
A wild animal can never be relied upon so treat them with respect, one thing that makes me very happy is when some joker gets gored as in a Bull fight [fight is the wrong word IMO] or the Running of the Bulls, as you will guess I am against all blood sports.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Colin, I wholeheartedly agree, but sadly it's the bull that gets put down if it gores not the eejit morons running with 'em.

teddy

Duckmeister
I see bullfighting is being baned in Catalonia. Now if we could only get it baned for officials. Or was that bull......
teddy