PDA

View Full Version : IE9 now ready

JHC
Mar-15-2011, 05:04
I have just found out that IE9 is now ready for general use, here (http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/)

or here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home

teddy
Mar-15-2011, 09:29
Thanks Colin. As I thought not compatible with XP. I have been runnibg 8 since it was available with no problems so I will not upgrade to Windows 7 until I have to (by which time Microsoft will have another system on offer)

teddy

Krummhorn
Mar-15-2011, 16:46
Hi Colin,

Let us know how she drives :)

Teddy, I was forced to upgrade as my XP machine's motherboard took a dump late last year. Actually, it was a godsend - I really like Win 7 better than XP - and with the souped up Intel I5 core processor this new machine is lightening fast.

teddy
Mar-15-2011, 16:51
Trouble is Lars with four machines in the office and two at home I do not want the expense at the moment. One daughter flies out to the USA this week, eldest getting re-married this summer AND I AM GOING TO HAVE A HOLIDAY THIS YEAR, even if it kills me (always a possibility)

teddy

Contratrombone64
Mar-15-2011, 23:48
J.H.C. - interesting, thank you for the link.

Mat
Mar-15-2011, 23:53
Colin, have you installed it yet? Is it any better than previous versions?

I don't think I'll be able to check any time soon as I still work on XP.

JHC
Mar-16-2011, 03:17
Colin, have you installed it yet? Is it any better than previous versions?

I don't think I'll be able to check any time soon as I still work on XP.
I have just finished installing Mat, it is quite quick but I have not really got used to all the buttons, I refused to make it my preferred browser I'm just a suspicious bugger :grin: so the next few days should prove interesting

JHC
Mar-17-2011, 22:02
I have not had any problems it works splendidly and is fast

Mat
Mar-17-2011, 22:57
Do you use Firefox? If yes, which do you think is faster?

JHC
Mar-17-2011, 23:33
I have used Firefox on and off but prefer IE perhaps because I know my way around it, I can't say it is any faster I really don't know, why don't you give it a test?

Mat
Mar-17-2011, 23:55
Mainly because I use XP, which IE9 is not compatibile with. But also 'cause I've been so disappointed with previous versions I used. I don't think I'm ever going to give Firefox up, I was asking just out of pure curiosity.

methodistgirl
Mar-18-2011, 03:19
I also have explorer 9. I got my computer last year. My windows
xp died on me. Finally I have a new computer where I don't have
to go to the library or work on a used one. My windows 98 computer
I could actually take the sucker apart and fix it. But it didn't have
the internet. My cable company takes care of my phone and my
internet hook up.
judy tooley