Bonjour

Hello everyone
I am a trombonist who hasnt played for almost a year, because my trombone is broken :cry: i am a new graduate of american high school and will soon b starting college
i joined because of a link to the toccata and fugue page and because i love music and talking about it

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:tiphat: Hi, the(talented?)wind :tiphat:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums. Always great to see students like yourself taking an interest in music. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

What happened to your trombone ... what part of it is broken?

rojo

(Ret)
Hello the(talented?)wind :)

The trombone is cool!

We love to talk about music too; glad you found us. Have fun here!

@krummhorn: the brace connecting the two tubes that the slide rides upon, and one of the tubes is bent. As is common, its my faultthat the brace is broken, i overtightened the nut connecting the slide section to the bell section.
because of this, attepting to loosen the nut snaped thee solder attaching the brace also, the tube that was tightened on, is now nigh imposible to remove
and so, whilst i was a way the instrument fell, and bent the tube.
i am going to have it repaired, because it is a Regent, made by Boosey and Hawkes in London i myself have neverr been there, I got it from my uncle Nigel who is from the area. He used it as a prop in a set, for he does commercials

but i am rambling...
cheers all