Schumann, Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I'm after a copy of Schumann's wonderful piano work "Carnival" ... can anyone point me in the direction of a website where it's available with no cost (public domain)?

thanks

Muza

Are you looking for a specific rendition? Have you tried snooping around YouTube? You might be able to find something there...
I'll think some more though

Muza

oh well that changes a few things.... im gonna keep my eyes open for it, and let you know if I find it

methodistgirl

I'm not downloading something on a computer that belongs to someone
else. Do you have a way that I can listen to the piece?
judy tooley

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Judy - the downloads are public domain so you're not infringing any (Amercian) copyright laws. I do have a recording, but it's not possible for me to post it as it is most definitely still under copyright (such is the nature of the beast ((copyright)).

Clarissa

Banned
I'm not downloading something on a computer that belongs to someone
else. Do you have a way that I can listen to the piece?
judy tooley

I don't understand.

If you want to download Schumann's Carnival from the internet, it will have to be from someone else's computer. How else would it be on the internet? IT COULDN'T JUST APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE.

I presented a link a few posts up of RACHMANINOV HIMSELF playing the complete "Carnival"; and if you don't want to download THAT, than I don't understand WHAT you want.

Andrew Roussak

Guys,

no need to argue. All music of Schumann must be now a public domain, because he died more than 70 yrs. ago. No illegal action possible!;)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator note:

If I understand Judy's predicament, the only internet connection currently available to her is on a that is located/owned by a public library. What I gather is that the library policies do not allow downloading of files onto their hard drives or servers, and that certainly makes sense. Apparently listening to MP3's are permitted, as nothing is stored on the physical drive.

Library PC's for public use traditionally do not have CD-RW drives or any way to transfer anything onto removable media

Krummhorn, Sr. Regulator
Magle International Music Forums

rojo

(Ret)
Can you watch/listen to youtube videos, Judy? Here is the first part of the piece played by Arrau.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC0JAWQsZwM[/youtube]

Clarissa- Please refrain from making sentences using capital letters only in your posts; it's considered shouting, and is therefore rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.