Greetings from Dennis Marks

dennis marks

Greetings to other members of the forum. I am a writer, broadcaster and film maker who has spent many years in television, the performing arts and journalism. I am also a persistent traveller with an interest in the culture and history of lands as diverse as Eastern Europe, Russia, West Africa and Central America. Over the years I have been a BBC television executive, the general director of English National Opera and with friends and colleagues I founded two independent production companies. At the moment, I divide my time between producing and directing for television, writing and broadcasting. You can find out about my current activities and read my latest blog at www.dennismarks.net. You can also contribute your thoughts on the website. I look forward to an interesting year's dialogue.

Happy New Year

Dennis Marks

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello Dennis :wave:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums.
What a most interesting and rewarding life you have had and yet still enjoy today.

We hope you will enjoy your time here. Looking forward to seeing you about the forum.

Muza

hi, nice to meet you.

looking forward to some interesting input from you - looks like you have a lot of interesting things to tell :)

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A belated welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Dennis :tiphat:

Hope you will enjoy this place, and looking forward to reading your thoughts on music.

Kind regards,
Frederik

Muza

So, you mentioned that you have traveled a lot? What were you most favourite places, places that you found to be more interesting than others? Have you traveled in Russia as well?

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Dennis Marks,

Welcome aboard the Starship MIMF where everyone is a star. Please do make yourself feel right at home.

Cheers :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Hello and welcome to the MIMF to you Dennis Marks.

Incredible credentials you share with us. What a career you´ve had, traveling the world. I remove my hat from my head in respect :tiphat:.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

P.S. Funny though. I was writing on the Jimi Hendrix thread yesterday about the importance of the BBC according to having seen the "light", broadcasting the new rock & roll in the UK around 1965. Whoops, and the next day you arrive as a former BBC television executive. Coincidence or not? You´re most welcome here.

Last edited: