What jazz have you been listening to today?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Yesterday in my city began a Guitar Festival. Within first day of the festival there was a McLaughlin concert. He appeared on stage with his friends:

Chick Corea - piano/keyboards
Kenny Garrett - saxophone
Vinnie Colaiuta - drums
Christian McBride - bass-guitar/double-bass.

The concert began with Chick and John duet. They played Thelonious Monk's 'Round Midnight. Then rest of the group joined them. Very energetic playing. They played both Chick and John's new compositions and classic jazz standards. I was there and even had a clear view on the stage. Amazing experience! I went to this concert mainly because I wanted to see/hear Chick (that was a great treat. Such a jazz pianist in my city!) as I don't know McLaughlin very well. It was totally worth it. And not only I went to the concert, but also had the luck to get Chick Corea's autograph.

I heard that Herbie Hancock is coming to Poland, too. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go to his concert. Hope it's not his last concert in my country.

Last edited:

sunwaiter

what a team!!! must have ben cool.

herbie is still relatively young... so i'm sure yo will have another opportunity. i once met him for an autograph session, after a showcase for the gershwin album he released well... oh no.... ten years ago i believe..? anyway i was happy to have thank him and have his autograph on my headhunters cd :)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
You can be pleased now - I visited. However, my French is not very good.

OT:
Lea Delaria - All That Jazz