hi i want to introduce myself

dick dijk

Hello Im an male conductor in the netherlands. Conducting four choirs an playing the organ in my church since 1975 I am always looking for arrangements of choral music and especially from Norman Luboff, Anita Kerr, Robert Shaw , Robert de Cormier, Alice parker, Dale Grotenhuis etc
Since a long time I am trying to find the Arrangement of This Old Hammer for TTBB and soloist by the Robert Shaw Chorale, I Think the arranger or the composer is John W Work, arr. probably by Robert Shaw. You can find als a recording by the male ensemble Cantus. Who can help?

zoned

Hello,I am sorry I cannot help you but welcome aboard. I am a 51 year old male with music experience and knowledge who would like to become a conductor at this advanced age performing orchestral music such as Mahler-thought that would be of interest. Best of luck to you!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi dick dijk,

Welcome to MIMF.
Although unable to assist in your quest of the mentioned composers/arrangers, there is this website of public domain choral music, and a plethora of other music scores on this site.

Unfortunately (or fortunately as the case may be) many choral composers/arrangers works are protected by copyright law, and as such will not become public domain until 70 years after the death of said composer/arranger. For Robert Shaw's compositions, that won't be until at least the year 2069.

Stick around this forum though ... maybe another member has other sources or can offer additional information.
Look forward to seeing your participation around this forum community.

Last edited:

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Hello dick dijk :tiphat:

Welcome to this international musical ship the MIMF.

I can´t help you with your question, but please check in here with some of the other guys, I am sure someone will be able to help you. Enjoy this site and all the different threads. ;)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Mr. Dijk,

Welcome aboard the Starship MIMF where everyone is a star. Please do make yourself feel right at home in our small corner of the galaxy and stay for a spell.

Cheers :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Corno Dolce :):):)