Icelandphotoblog.com

falcon1

Hello fellow MIMF members. It's a few months since I started a experiment project for myself which was to create a photoblog site which would contain photographs (by me) of Iceland nature and landscapes. It has been so much fun and I will keep going with the project for a long time.

So I want to invite you all to my photoblog which has the url http://www.icelandphotoblog.com and hopefully you will enjoy some of my efforts.

Please feel free to leave a comment on the site and/or contact me directly through email.

Btw. you can click on the photograph to see the next photo or click on the "browse" link in the top right corner to view all the photographs.

Small preview

kirkjugardurinnV2.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha falcon1,

Such beautiful pictures :up::up::up::clap::clap::clap:

Seeing those beautiful Icelandic horses I am reminded about the fact that if one were to ship one of those to another country; that horse would never be allowed to be returned to Iceland. This is in order to keep the horse blood pure or so I have heard.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

marval

Thank you falcon1 for sharing those with us.

There are some very lovely photos, Iceland is really a very beautiful country.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Beautiful photography - beautiful country.

What type/kind of camera did you use for these wonderful pictures?

falcon1

Thank you all for the comments. :)

Corno, yes that is pardly true but mostly to prevent diseases in animals which are known abroad but still unknown in Iceland.

Krummhorn, I use Nikon D80 and Canon G9 for my photographs. The Jökulsárlón
photographs (from boat) are taken with the G9. Then I use Adobe Photoshop
to fix colors etc. :)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Thanks, falcon1

Nikon D80 - nice machine :up:.

I especially liked the mix of blues in the ice pictures - absolutely stunning photography.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
falcon

AWESOME pictures from Island. I live in the north of Jutland, Denmark and we never have been blessed with the light in the heavens above Island.

You guys up there are lucky.

Please enter all you want and need to.

falcon1

Thank you all for your kind comments!

intet-at-tabe, hehe... yes, Denmark is rather flat isn't it. ;) However, you
probably have some other interesting things which photographers can play with.

intet_at_tabe

Thank you all for your kind comments!

intet-at-tabe, hehe... yes, Denmark is rather flat isn't it. ;) However, you
probably have some other interesting things which photographers can play with.

Right you are falcon1 :tiphat: flat as a pancake, like Holland (The Neatherlands)

But let me please congratulate you and all islanders on the possible GOLD medal tomorrow in the finals at the OLYMPICS in Beijing, China in the team sport handball for men.

For the rest of you guys not from Island. Island has around 300.000 people totally as the entire population, and yet against countries with 25 or 60 million people Island has fought it´s way through fair play and good sportmanship to the finals in handball. AWESOME!!

The very first time in the history of the Olympics and the history on Island participating at the OLYMPICS, that Island have managed to achieve the forthcoming possible victory and the prestigious GOLD medal - in a game for teams.

I will have my fingers crossed for your countrymen and for Island until the game is over tomorrow.

Go Island for the GOLD, Go Island for the GOLD, Go Island for the GOLD!!

falcon1

Thank you intet-at-tabe! Icelanders are dying from excitement and I can promise you that no one will work tomorrow hehehe... :D

GO ICELAND!

intet_at_tabe

Thank you intet-at-tabe! Icelanders are dying from excitement and I can promise you that no one will work tomorrow hehehe... :D

GO ICELAND!

Just a few hours before the finals falcon1 :tiphat::clap::banana::trp::cheers:

I watched this interview yesterday with a totally smiling buisness owner, who has sponsored the team. The interview was from Friday, and he said: "No one would work in his buisness until the finals were over". Rare to see an adult guy so extremely happy and excited :):):):)

When the team has won, you will probably name this date for a National Day of Achievements, and the schools, public offices, the government and every buisness will be closed on this date the next 30 years.

It realy is an AWESOME achievement in a team sport for men for Iceland, because of the reasons I mentioned in my former post.

Sorry for the wrong spelling of Iceland in English, I wrote it like the Danes do with the letter "S".

Go Iceland for the GOLD, Go Iceland for the GOLD, Go Iceland for the GOLD

Last edited:

falcon1

Thank you and all our friends from the Nordic countries for your support! The French was too big for us but hey we WON the silver!

And congrats goes also to the Norwegian women handball team for their gold medal in handball!

Here's a congrats video I created with the Icelandic national anthem and some scenes from Iceland. Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEYSVTxkRG4[/youtube]

Hmm.. the youtube doesn't seem to work on this forum? Here's the direct link:

See video!

marval

Hi falcon1

I am sorry Iceland did not get the gold, but well done for the silver.

The video was lovely, thank you very much.

Margaret

intet_at_tabe

Thank you and all our friends from the Nordic countries for your support! The French was too big for us but hey we WON the silver!

And congrats goes also to the Norwegian women handball team for their gold medal in handball!

Here's a congrats video I created with the Icelandic national anthem and some scenes from Iceland. Enjoy!

[youtube]QEYSVTxkRG4[/youtube]

Hmm.. the youtube doesn't seem to work on this forum? Here's the direct link:

See video!

Hi there again falcon1

It doesn´t matter you came in second after France for the SILVER - CONGRATULATIONS to Iceland with huge admiration. Your achievement at the Olympics was much greater and completely unexpected for the rest of the world than the one for France. They have at least 3 decades of playing handball for both sexes among the top ten teams in Europe.

AWESOME video, you´re very good with a camera/video. Please let´s have all you want to share from your different lences.

Btw. I saw on the video the beautiful wild landscape and the typical horses in Iceland, smaller than horses in Denmark and Europe, and they have a special walk/half running for only Iceland horses called - tølt!

You now have four more years before the next Olympics (is it in London, England???), and then you´ll send the frog-eaters back home without any metal :):D;):grin::grin:

falcon1

Thank you both Margaret and intet-at-tabe!

Even though it was of course not the best to **** the final match, Icelanders are very happy with the achievement which is huge. I think this is the first time that nation with so little population (300 thousands) manage to win a medal in team sport at the Olympics!

Yes, your horse knowledge is correct intet-at-tabe hehe...

And yes the next Olympics will be in London, England and we will surely send all other nations back home without the gold in handball. ;) But that's then and now is now... and now I will find a pub which is open (only 2PM here in Iceland now) and celebrate with my fellow countrymen. :)

Have a great day today - I sure will hehe... ;) !

falcon1

Here's another horse photo for intet-at-tabe. :) Taken in fjord called Whale-fjord (Icelandic: Hvalfjörður). :)